Wanted or ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted or ??

Wondering where the best place to get replacement part for my err new old dorsett that still hasnt been fully identified lol. things that i know i need are the bumber rail as it is worn and is missing a few inches on the aft on both sides, the bow handle thing that sits on the top of the boat a few of the old school cleats, the transom aluminum top rail, along with all stearing and drive parts, also if anybody knows of an old late 50's early 60's outboard that may not run but is all there that can be obtained cheap all info would be appreciated. I really plan to bring her back to look and feel like she did when she was built although i am thinking that i will probably foam her belly so that she may never join those that have already succumbed to Davy Jones.

Wefco is the place to go for the rub rail. Here's the link: http://www.wefcorubber.com/

Not sure what the "bow handle thing" is. Do you have any pictures?

You should be able to find cleats on ebay or at a local store that carries used marine hardware. Check the link on the home page titled "Resource Guide".

If it has the cable steering, you might want to consider going with a new Teleflex NFB (no feed back) steering. I did that on my 59 Seafair. What a difference.

Good luck in the hunt.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
    X