Calkins galvanized trailer - 1990 year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calkins galvanized trailer - 1990 year

Several weeks ago I purchased a 1969 Larson tri-hull for a nice set of Yamaha outboards with only 97 hours. The boat already went to the transfer station, so the trailer is for sale. The data plate sticker is faded, so the specs are unknown. The boat weighed 1,580 pounds at the dump, plus fuel and two motors; it probably totalled about 2,200 pounds payload. It looks pretty heavy duty. Wheels are 15", total length is 19 feet, distance between fenders is 66," 2 inch tow coupler hitch. The center rollers are rusted to the shafts, but the outer rollers function. Bearing buddies, lights work now, new standard four wire flat plug. The winch and fold up tongue jack work great; better than my other trailer. It's road-able as is.

I think it could be converted to bunks without too much expense.

Asking $400 - or?

I transferred the title and licensed it several weeks ago, so it’s a legal offering. FOR SALE

Brian (206)780-9814
    Attached Files
    Brian Vickers
    Bainbridge Island, WA

I was considering fixing my trailer, but determined tonight that it would be stupid to do so. I am no stranger to doing stupid things, but they usually aren't intentional. So, I am in dire need of a new one that size. I will take it if my trailer guy thinks it can be reconfigured to fit my boat. How about it, Tim?
    I'll probably be calling you tomorrow, Brian.

Comment

to Bunks it is

Originally posted by Stan D, post: 23128
      I was considering fixing my trailer, but determined tonight that it would be stupid to do so. I am no stranger to doing stupid things, but they usually aren't intentional. So, I am in dire need of a new one that size. I will take it if my trailer guy thinks it can be reconfigured to fit my boat. How about it, Tim?
      I'll probably be calling you tomorrow, Brian.
      Ok, trailer was converted to bunks by flipping both cross-members around so the Vee is as it should be,Then the dual roller set-ups were removed and best roller put on a single roller for keel.
      Roller brackets were pulled and carpeted bunks went onto new galvenized adaptors so the hull will settle in between the fenders instead of riding above it.Should lower boat 4`` from before,way beter towing and floats sooner.
      Nice find Stan....way better than the old one.
      TM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
      X