Wanted Steering pulleys for 18 Evinrude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Steering pulleys for 18 Evinrude

Seems that when the previous owner of the Skagit 14 took the motor off, they took the pully kit. Checked all the local sources and couldn't find one.

Interface generally includes clip for motor, with two pulleys for rope steering attached.

Thanks.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

I have the pulley system I took off my Seafair a couple years ago. I don't believe they are Boat or Engine specific, so they should work fine. Let me see if I can find them, if so, they are yours if you want them.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Perfect. Thank you.
      Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

DMCI, here is what I have. This was everything off the Seafair to connect the cable steering. The cable is new and has the two brass cable connectors attached. The Seafair is a 17ft boat, so there should be enough cable there for your 14ft.

If you do a Google search for "cable steering diagrams", you should find some examples of how to make the connections.

Give me a call with your address, four two five 495-6400. I'll gladly ship it to you. All I ask, is that you become a paid member of the club when finances allow. Have fun with the new boat.
        Attached Files
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thats really nice, but save it for someone else.

I have everything but the center connector. Found one on ebay, will probably buy that.

Thank you for all your effort.
          Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

steering?

Originally posted by DMCI, post: 23179
            Seems that when the previous owner of the Skagit 14 took the motor off, they took the pully kit. Checked all the local sources and couldn't find one.

Interface generally includes clip for motor, with two pulleys for rope steering attached.

Thanks.
            Where U able to find the items needed for Your Motor / steering
            if not let me know
            Ingvar 206-434-9482
            Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

May need cable.

Originally posted by ingvar carlson, post: 23421
              Where U able to find the items needed for Your Motor / steering
              if not let me know
              Ingvar 206-434-9482
              I was able to order it from OMC new/old stock in a box that looks to have been in inventory for some time.

It appears that when I put the boat back together, I will need a new cable. Boat is a 14 sportster Skagit.

Corner pulleys are ok, but could use a few of the little spring cable guides.

I need a shipmaster controls and motor control cables. Have them out of the boat and replacements are available from new stock, unlike the rope steer items.

I will have Skagit cleats and perhaps 1 bow light assembly, which will be replaced by more modern designs when I get to that point. Would trade for Clean SKAGIT emblems and/or wind shield for 14 if anybody has an extra one. The one on the boat is cracked in two places.

The seventeen also has a vintage vhf with 6db antenna and a depth finder that will be replaced. Condition of both are as is, price will be $1.00 each.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Working...
              X