Looking for help (as usual)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help (as usual)

Have a lady friend on Lummi Island with a 1956 Bell Boy 18 foot boat that she needs to sell. She sent me the particulars along with four pictures. I don't know how get the pics from her email onto site and wonder if anyone could post this for her if I were to forward the email with pics? I saw this boat running last summer and think someone might want it. If you could help, please let me know.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Jerry, I can post your pictures. I'll send you an email so you have my email address. Then reply back with the pictures attached.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Posting this for Jerry's friend. Picture of boat on trailer would not post.

Ruby is a 1956 Bellboy 18' cuddy cabin runabout. Powered by a rebuilt 1986 Johnson 115, with a kicker mount.
      Always runs and performs perfectly. Very sea worthy boat: I found her 20 some years ago after it had been stored in a barn most of her life and have use it steadily since.
      She is beginning to show signs of aging and needing some attention that I am not willing to do.
      e.g. the side aluminum rub rail connectors are corroding away and I have lost one piece, the others are loose.., the windows have always been crackled, there is a soft spot in the floor board indicating flooring substructure weakness. I have had the motor well fiber glassed for strengthening as we found one small area of dry rot in the transom, the rest is very solid. The steering box is custom made, as well as the seating chairs. I have the original steering wheel, and seats.
      Interior is all original except the toilet has been removed. The number 111 is evident within protected from the original spraying by a tape (now gone).
      The boat was painted in 2010 with Marine grade UV protecting Interlux over the original gel coat. The bottom has had repeated coats of anti fouling paint over the gel coat. Needs this years application.

Trailer is same vintage as boat and should be replaced for long distance hauling.

I am throwing it out there to see what interest there may be for this beautiful classic. I love this boat and would only consider letting her go to be properly cared for. Introductions and offers accepted initially to help me know what to do.

Thanks for your interest.
      jylhouserock@acn.net
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
      X