27 Foot Uniflite Port of Friday Harbor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 Foot Uniflite Port of Friday Harbor

The Uniflite that the Port of Friday Harbor auctioned a week or so ago didn't sell. The Port is trying to recover its moorage fees with a minimum bit of $3200 or thereabouts.

I went down and photographed the boat. The Port advertised it as 29 feet, but pretty sure it's a 27 footer. Looks to be 8 foot beam. The main engine is a small block Chev. Reported the block is cracked. The kicker motor is a 9.9 four stroke. It also doesn't run. May need a carb cleaning.

The boat is probably not worth the Port's minimum. I'm thinking it's worth $500 - $1000. A plain Jane Uniflite, but may make a nice weekender for someone. Not sure what the Port's plan is?

Port of Friday Harbor 360-378-2688[ATTACH]15331[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15332[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15333[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15334[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15335[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15336[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15337[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15338[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Definitely doesn't look like a $3200 boat but then again these are great boats when they are kept up... I would be tempted to make an offer, but I doubt the port would really consider $500...
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian, They should be happy to just get rid of it. Go for it ! If they turn you down, give them your phone number and e-mail address anyway . I would also let them know in writing ( e-mail ) that the $500.00 offer is good for only 30 days.
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I have seen this boat for sale on craigslist some time ago. I considered buying it but too hard to get a trailer big enough to get it this far inland. If I remember correctly the owner advertised it was in good working order for around $4500 with the kicker. I wonder if it is a pre-blister hull.

Comment

Probably a pre-blister hull. Also has a reduction gear which is good from the standpoint of fuel economy. I think you ought to make the Port an offer....any offer!
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

I can see that tub cleaning up nicely with a little elbow grease! $500 clams, I'll bet you get it for that!

Comment

Those 27 Foot Uniflites are actually a pretty nice little boat in most sea conditions except for one. My brother-in-law had one with a single 350 in.³ Chrysler. It would do about 15 to 18 kn and was pretty seaworthy and safe. However, if you got into a following sea where the wave speed was pretty close to the hull speed the thing tended to get caught in the sea and start to wallow. That happened when I had the helm a little Southeast of Roche. The fix was easy, you just slowed down a little bit.

The boat was very comfortable and provided excellent accommodations for 3 to 4 people. The owners slept in the birth forward and I used the Portside convertible couch. I think for a family with 2 to 4 persons, would be nearly perfect but the 31 with twin power would be my first choice.

Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
              16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
              17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

I suppose if a person was looking for a larger boat like that, maybe a live aboard or whatever, that most of what I see is labor..
                The block being cracked, I think there was some fellow around Kent?? that did rebuilds on Marine engines and had some kind of Crazy good warranty on them. The cost was in that area were you could not rebuild it for any less money on your own which made it a good deal.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                X