WTB - Power Trim assembly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - Power Trim assembly

I'm seriously considering adding power trim for the outboard on the Uniflite. Looking at the price tags for new scares me a little.
    If anyone has one they no longer use and would consider selling it, I'm all ears

Kelly,

What engine are you looking at? I have fully functional kit for a Mercury 950SS. Hydraulic pump, hoses, tilt unit and control box.
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I'm putting it on a Bearcat. I was thinking something like an CMC unit. What does yours look like?
      [ATTACH]15341[/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

Kelly, have you called Bill Roberts? He is the one who can point you in the right direction on the tilt/trim units, he used to have a few NOS Homelite units. If you look over on Fiberglassics there was a thread about using an OMC or Merc unit if I remember correctly.

Comment

Hey Nick..I've talked to Bill briefly about some homelite speedometers but that was it. I haven't connected with him since. I saw the thread and posted in it, but the guy hasn't updated it lately. Maybe I'll gently remind him that we're all waiting.

Comment

Kelly,

It doesn't look like that fancy billet unit, that's for sure! it is just a standard Mercury unit from back in the day. Separate hydraulic pump, mounted away from the engine and fed to the piston assembly. I don't have any pictures handy unfortunately.
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Here's another thread on Tilt and Trim:
              http://www.fiberglassics.com/fibergl...ite-power-tilt

Some have also used a Chrysler/Force unit. Problem seems to be it raises the the engine 3" and some were having overheating problems. I bought the Chrysler unit then scrapped the idea after hearing this. However the cylinder looks the same as the Homelite unit. At some point I may builds some brackets and try it. This would only give tilt but no trim. The CMC unit it also on my list of options.

Found the link for the Chrysler adaption: http://s481.photobucket.com/user/trp...00788.jpg.html
              Dick Johnson
              1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
              '57 Evinrude 18hp
              '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
              '72 Johnson 6hp
              '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
              '65 Homelite 55
              '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
              '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Pretty good stuff Dick, thanks! The more I look at it, I may just end up going CMC. It just seems the easier route and easier is what I could use right now.

Comment

Working...
                X