1961 Glasspar Marathon "Jammie Dodger"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Glasspar Marathon "Jammie Dodger"

It's time. We are one week away from launching the 404, so it's time to put the Marathon on the block. We will be using her next Saturday for the christening just to have both boats on the water at the same time. After that, she'll get cleaned up and put on the market. We hate to see her go, but want her to be in good hands, so I'm posting here first for club members - because I know you care...

Club price will be $1,500.

She isn't a total restoration, but could be if desired, or she could just be left alone and a good runner.

Work Done:
    New floor in aft section.
    Repaired transom - 3/4 of wood replaced. Original lower wood was dry and intact so we left it there to help keep that round transom.
    4 pound flotation installed - she rides so much more quietly with that in there!
    New seats.
    Gelcoat restoration. She was pretty chalky when we bought her but it mostly sanded out. Overall, I'd call it fair. For a good show boat, it would have to be repainted as there are a number of pits and cracks from 50 years of use, as well as a lot of holes from various "good ideas" over the years. These holes have been filled with nice screws and finish washers. Makes it look like there is something going on behind the gn'ls.
    Interior painted white with enamel. Nice and clean looking.
    Ensign.
    Other odds and sodds that I can't remember.

Includes:

1986 Johnson short shaft 40 HP two stroke. This is a VRO engine with the oil injection removed, so premix is required. Great runner and gets her up on a plane fairly well as long as she isn't too heavily laden.
    Fire extinguisher
    Any 2cyl oil I have on hand.
    2 6 gallon Moller tanks.
    Working Eagle sonar/fish finder. Older B&W model but does a good job.

Trailer is the original Gator tilt trailer. Decent running order but could use a restoration as there is a ton of surface rust. Never much of an issue for me taking her to the launch since it is only a few miles from the house. Good tires and the springs still spring. New LED lights as well.

Like I mentioned above, she'll be on the water next weekend, weather permitting. Boat rides available if you come to the christening, or it can be dropped in for sea trials after that date.
    Attached Files
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

That looks pretty sweet.
    Was that picture at Mason ?
    Looking for the progress pictures on your restoration.............One week to launch......Still looking for the pictures...

Sounds like fun except for the point I am down west of Eugene Oregon with my boat.
    Any one else ??
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Yes, that was at Mason. Boat pretty much looks the same as then.
      Pictures? Pictures? You want pictures? You're gonna have to wait! Nothing much has changed visually on the inside since the forward seats were installed. Once the rears are in, I'll snap a few. And I'll be snapping lots on launch day...
      John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Sold! I put an ad up on CL yesterday morning. Sold her to a nice fellow from Poulsbo who is buying it for a girlfriend and her two kids. Should be a good fit for them. She'll live on Bainbridge Island, so I may see her on the water if luck has it.

The best part is, I get to look on her for a few more days as the new owner will be picking her up on Sunday. She will be missed!
        John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Congrats John!

Comment

Happiest day....
            John Forsythe

Past Affairs: