Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted- Skagit Windshield Fiberglass Frame (Bridge Split Window From '57 or '58)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted- Skagit Windshield Fiberglass Frame (Bridge Split Window From '57 or '58)

Would anyone happen to have, or know where there is, a Skagit split window frame in good condition?

This would be from a 1957 or 1958 20' Express or Offshore. I have one, but it is busted pretty bad at the top. I am sure I could repair it, but if someone already has one they are not using, I just might like to purchase it from you. Let me know what you have?

Note- I am not positive, but have heard that the 17 footers had the same size bridge windshields.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Skagitman View Post
    Would anyone happen to have, or know where there is, a Skagit split window frame in good condition?

This would be from a 1957 or 1958 20' Express or Offshore. I have one, but it is busted pretty bad at the top. I am sure I could repair it, but if someone already has one they are not using, I just might like to purchase it from you. Let me know what you have?

Note- I am not positive, but have heard that the 17 footers had the same size bridge windshields.
    Does anyone know if Chuck sold his 58 Skagit Helm windshield ? Greg, do you remember ?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

He did not sell it but I think it should stay with the boat. I have know idea whether that boat will go up for sale but if it does the frame should be part of the sale. The windshield that is on there now was meant to be temporary. That boat will sell a lot easier if it's windshield frame goes with it and will advise Chucks sons of that.
      Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ View Post
        He did not sell it but I think it should stay with the boat. I have know idea whether that boat will go up for sale but if it does the frame should be part of the sale. The windshield that is on there now was meant to be temporary. That boat will sell a lot easier if it's windshield frame goes with it and will advise Chucks sons of that.
        Hi Greg.
        The windshield I was referring to was the one that was on the 58 that used to be Scottys boat. He had the stock windshield for that one too.

I know he was wanting to put the one back on the 59 that he got from GregS.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I had 3 windshield frames. Chuck did sell me one and then bought it back. That should be the one he has now. They are hard to come by. I also have the frame off the 17ft Skagit Convertible that also fits the 20ft Skagit express. This will go on my 20ft Skagit offshore. I also bought that from Chuck. My 3rd one will go to Doug. Bruce B and I are making it happen to welcome him back into Skagit ownership. I remember when, I first was in this boat club and one of the members was moving. Almost the whole club came to help. Helping each other work on their boat was commonplace. I would hope some of the working together of the old days can carry on to present times. Clint
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X