Wanted! windshield for my Uniflite 19'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted! windshield for my Uniflite 19'

Unfortunately the cold and snow this winter finally took its toll on my windshield. It had been cracking and in poor shape but the cracks finally went all the way through. I'll post some pics and dimensions. Let me know if you guys see anything.

Nick

Originally posted by 61_express View Post
    Unfortunately the cold and snow this winter finally took its toll on my windshield. It had been cracking and in poor shape but the cracks finally went all the way through. I'll post some pics and dimensions. Let me know if you guys see anything.

Nick
    Man, I hope this won't be like hunting Hens Teeth......
    I have two windshields in Sandy. One is glass, one plastic.

Rats.....Just looked, I don't even have pictures of them and I know I don't have the measurements but will be a good reason for, ROAD TRIP
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hey Helmar, I got a windshield off of a Glaspar G3 and its definitely not the right look for my boat. The windshield I need is 72" wide.

Comment

I ran into a similar task with the 404. Got a nice one from Marty, fortunately. I even measured the glass one on my Marathon, they come in around 65 inches if I remember. At any rate, it wasn't going to fit. Good luck on the search!

Also, in the future, if you have a plexi that has a crack, yes, it will continue to crack as is the nature of many solids. You can mitigate that though, by drilling a small hole on either side of the crack. The hole should be about twice as wide as the split's width, so not too dramatic. Not particularly wonderful to look at, but it will prevent it from getting worse while you source a replacement.
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Thanks John, good info. Unfortunately about a 4" piece is broke clean off of the port side already. I might try to epoxy it back together until i find another one. There is supposedly a shop in Spokane that can make a new one. Mike P. said he knows of a place near Seattle that can do it also, but thats a ways to drive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express View Post
            Thanks John, good info. Unfortunately about a 4" piece is broke clean off of the port side already. I might try to epoxy it back together until i find another one. There is supposedly a shop in Spokane that can make a new one. Mike P. said he knows of a place near Seattle that can do it also, but thats a ways to drive for me.
            I have two unknown windshields up in Sandy that I keep forgetting to measure. I will make a reminder as so the next time I am up there, I will look.
            I used to rat hole hard to find stuff and still have some stashed..
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
            X