Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Girl Up For Sale

Afternoon, all.

The time has come. Up for sale is Pretty Girl.

We've gotten some amazing use out of her after her restoration, but the kids are mostly grown and getting everybody or even individuals out is more and more of a challenge.

If you've followed my restoration thread, you know what went into her to get her to her current state. If you are newer and haven't done so, check it out here:

http://www.classicboatclub.com/forum...ss-restoration

Short version:
    Fully restored, re-powered.
    Turn key classic.

Needs:
    Interior cushions need to be covered. We have material and the wife has started the process, but I decided to list her here before that work was done and she gets offered up on CL.
    Gas.
    An owner who will take good care of her. Last classic I sold, the Glasspar Marathon "Jammie Dodger" ended up a heap on CL a year after sale. Not cool.

If you are interested, contact me via email

Johnforsythe at outlook . Com
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Sorry to see this. I hope it goes to a great home. I was hoping to cruise with you sometime. Good luck!

Comment

Sorry to see it go and yes, hope she goes to a good home. Hold your guns and demand a Good Price for her.

Its Nuts what these new boats and even the some of the older (not Classics) boats which I call donors are selling for.

Like you said John, FOLLOW the thread so they can see what has been done. I am thinking that is one of our issues with these older boats, Has it been done right, do I have to worry about someone else's work....Follow the Thread, you will see what has been done..

Hold you Guns buddy. She is a Beauty !!!

Helmar
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Well, we never sold her. HAHA. Last year I put this up and had a nibble. Then we used her a bit and I just couldn't do it. However, I'm resolved for this year. So, she is up for sale again if anyone has an interest. I'd much rather sell her to someone who will love her vs a craigslist mystery.
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
        X