Selling off my projects.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling off my projects.

I have several 1959 Skagits that I think I am going to sell off.
    I have a 14 foot Sportster.
    A 16 foot Skagit Skimaster
    And, my 20 foot Skagit offshore with a fresh Volvo I/O.

Lets see if we have anyone interested.
    RFrontsm.jpg RRearsm.jpg 7279_FGNW_Mason_Lake__08_(1).jpg LakeCrescent06JoeSideView600.jpg loadedreadysm.jpg dockedathoodsportsm.jpg

I might even have the 20 ft 1958 Skagit that has a earlier restoration done on it. She is a fishing machine but needs to be repowered. It will come with a dual axle saltwater trailer.

Dsc06342sm.jpg Dsc06343sm.jpg
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

The Skimaster has been sold and will stay in the local area

I have one big project boat, that would be worth the time and effort. Its my 1959 20foot Skagit Offshore boat that has the fresh Volvo engine I/O in it. I even have a extra out drive for her. Those were dreamed bullet proof back in the day.
    The floor will need to be replaced as well as the transom now. Fiberglass stringers so no worries on those. I have been into it and the bad area is up on top were it rolls over onto the back of the boat. I can send detail pictures as well as walk anyone though each step of the process. She just going to go to hell setting out like she is so not going to ask for much for her. I just replaced the trailer bearings so good to go on a long trip.
    This is the boat I took to the 50th Skagit event up in LaConnor were the Skagits were built. I took her around Whidby Island and back to Mistery Bay by Port Townsend. Will all the extra gear for the overnight trip, she still ran at 28 mph on the GPS. Not bad for a big boat like that. Oh, and the Volvo is a B-18 engine and produces 105hp. I also have some Weber carbs that will go with her as right now, she has the Solex carbs on it.. John Nelson created a new stainless steel exhaust manifold tube for it and with the head that is on her now, she will be able to be converted to fresh water cooling. The plan was to run some water lines up under the helm with a heater for those cold days.
    She also has the original Hard Top on her (which stays with her). She also has those bow lights install in the front and they are Bright for sure !! Launching at Mistery Bay at night, I used those lights and my friend Marty Loken said I looked like a air plane coming in for a landing they were so bright
    She has all the good bones to be a really nice family boat.
    My plan was to go gunk holing all around the San Juans with her but, well, with my health now, that will never happen. That was on my bucket list but a reality check took that one off.

She would part out for a lot more than I am asking but for now if someone offered me $1500 for the boat and trailer, I would let her go to a good home. Want some pictures ?

The 1959 Skagit 14ft Sportster, going to need steering, power and possible transom. A offer of $200 bucks, she’s yours. The plan with her was a lake boat and me putting on my 45 Scott engine which would make her a rocket. Want pictures. Helmar@classicboatclub.com
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X