Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial weekend Portland cruise

Here's what Chuck and I have in mind:

Sun, May 30th. Put in at 33rd/Marine Dr. ramp; run down Columbia to Sand Island; run up Multnomah Channel (mostly wake zone) to Willamette; run up Willamette to Portland. The Rose festival will be taking place at Waterfront Park and there is public moorage for anyone who would like to attend. Those who don't can run further up river to Willamette Falls in Oregon City.

Return down Willamette to Columbia up to 33rd ramp.

Any interest?
    Robert Augur

Oops

Oops, Just saw where the Alder Lake event is on for May 22nd and San Juan event will be June 5-6th.With the PDX idea , that would make it 3 weekends in a row of events. Maybe we could do Portland next year. I still have to get a hold of Robert. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Chuck. That looks like a great outing. I'll think about it. I've got to go down to Salem the following weekend for my granddaughters graduation. So I don't know about two trips back to back.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 10557
        Oops, Just saw where the Alder Lake event is on for May 22nd and San Juan event will be June 5-6th.With the PDX idea , that would make it 3 weekends in a row of events. Maybe we could do Portland next year. I still have to get a hold of Robert. Chuck

I see there is a time crunch here. It is no problem canceling this event.

I still plan on doing this run; if anyone would like to join me for a nonsanctioned boat run let me know.

Let's put this on the calender for 2011.
        Robert Augur

Comment

Robert and Chuck,
          We agree that we should have this on next years calendar. We had so much fun in '08! We would love to do it again.

Comment

We would like to do this run also, but we are out of the country the week before and after Memorial day every year. Any other weeks we could make it.
            Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
            Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
            X