No announcement yet.

Mason Lake, Sept. 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADDRESS FOR MASIN LAKE IS 500 E. MASON LAKE DR. W. GRAPEVIEW,WA. 98546 gps style>
    Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 19215
    Thom Adams, facilitator of the Saturday, Sept. 24 Mason Lake Rendezvous, has been having computer challenges but he wanted to remind everyone that the annual event is coming up and he's secured the beautiful Simpson Park property once again.

The Simpson property is at the far south end of the lake, with picnic shelters, restrooms, a nice launching ramp and dock, and acres of woods and waterfront. Folks will start arriving by about 10 a.m., and there will be a casual potluck in one of the picnic shelters around 2 p.m. (or whenever everyone gets hungry).

Exact address of the Simpson Park will be published here as we get closer to the event...

- Marty
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

I just got both truck and boat out of the shop and both run great so I will be at Mason with both. I will have to use my time on the lake as a breakin time for my newly rebuilt lower unit. I didn't think I was going to be able to bring my boat but things worked out so I can. I came to this event without a boat year before last and had a great time visiting with everyone and hot rodding Chuck Cs G-3 around. If you can't bring a boat come anyway, you can help me break in my lower unit while I hot rod Tim Mcrains boat. See you all there.
      Greg James

Comment

Greg, we can trade boats and you can run circles around yours while I "break in" (Hehehe) your lower end.

Comment

Weirdo.
          Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 19437
            Weirdo.
            Uhhh ... yeah, what's your point?

Comment

Fashionably late Flaherty

Well I have not commented on this event yet cause I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to swing it this year. I have been running around like a chicken with half a head... But between work trips to Alberta, camping trips in the San Juans and attempting to prep my old Vanagon for Oktoberfest next month, I have been able to fix most of my boat problems that were discovered during the Stehekin event...

So long story short, I am going to be heading south on Friday night with a layover in Lynnwood then running to Mason Saturday morning...:shocked4:

Anyone in the North end want to caravan?

See y'all Saturday morn!!!
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Hey Brian, glad you can make it!

Don't forget your snorkel ... :BigHappy1:

Comment

Glad you can make it Brian...

I am hoping that Mason will replace our main event at Whatcom.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Bringin the "Sunday-go-ta-meeting" boat

even though it's a Saturday!! :Skipper1:Cheryl and I will be there with the '63 Avalon.:boater1: See ya all Saturday!
                    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Mason Lake

I thought some one is posting the address for Mason lake so the NEWBYS can have their GPS lead them to the LAUNCH RAMP .

Ingvar Swedster
                      Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Originally posted by ingvar carlson, post: 19449
                        I thought some one is posting the address for Mason lake so the NEWBYS can have their GPS lead them to the LAUNCH RAMP .

Ingvar Swedster
                        Post #15...anyway..again

enter it into your GPS--is 500 East Mason Lake Drive West, Grapeview, WA 98546.

Comment

Well, I called Thom today, and its all a "GO!". Weather should be damn near perfect, high 70's, no wind..(saying Sunday gonna go down hill fast though!) Anyway, I only live 20 some miles south of Thom...(Steamboat Island), and he built my "Frankenmerc Stack", for my Flatbottom, and the boat came from him too, bare hull, he did the motor, I did the hull. I WANTED to drag it out there tomorrow, but as I live in a private HOA, our own launch..(damn salt water though!), I need no plates or lights the trailer. I'm retired too..and the money to drag it out there, gassed and legal, ..well, over budget as it is this year, as 3 boats me. But next year, needs a dunk fresh water Mason, (AND race Thom, Island Lake, his wimpy G-3...(kidding Thom!). And don't worry me stealing any "beaching", much less any docking, as the twin fins under the hull, say the best I can do is 10 feet from shore anyway! Name is Robby..(Robby321 all the boat forums)..and be the gray headed old fart..(probably will blend in with many!), and heres the boat pic, and will show next year, and while at it, Thom, thanks the work done, to put the event together. Both of us limp, have back problems, but thats almost SIX decades, us, "slamming wakes at speed", and loving every second of it! :cool1: Pic my Flatty

[IMG]

Comment

Slight change in plans... Discovered my transmission is leaking oil into the oil cooler and out the exhaust (poor neglected Chris Craft)

So I have just bought tabs for and thoroughly cleaned the little Havoc flat bottom. The catch is if I drag this thing that far, I really REALLY don't want to drag it back home... I have no where to store it in Bellingham and my parents REALLY want it out of their yard in Lynnwood... So first offer over $1000 can take this turn-key racer home!!!

I will post a couple pictures as soon as I get inside to the real computer...

See you all in the morning!!!
                            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Apparently I can't add photos to an old post? so here are a few photos of the Havoc for all to drool over tonight...:shocked3:
                              :fishing:
                              Attached Files
                              Brian Flaherty

Comment

Well... hope everyone has fun today. Sounds like the weather is going to cooperate. A family emergency has taken me out of town so I'm going to have to miss this one.
                                Mark
                                Silverdale, WA.
                                1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Working...
                                X