Mason Lake, Sept. 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robby321, post: 19456
    Well, I called Thom today, and its all a "GO!". Weather should be damn near perfect, high 70's, no wind..(saying Sunday gonna go down hill fast though!) Anyway, I only live 20 some miles south of Thom...(Steamboat Island), and he built my "Frankenmerc Stack", for my Flatbottom, and the boat came from him too, bare hull, he did the motor, I did the hull. I WANTED to drag it out there tomorrow, but as I live in a private HOA, our own launch..(damn salt water though!), I need no plates or lights the trailer. I'm retired too..and the money to drag it out there, gassed and legal, ..well, over budget as it is this year, as 3 boats me. But next year, needs a dunk fresh water Mason, (AND race Thom, Island Lake, his wimpy G-3...(kidding Thom!). And don't worry me stealing any "beaching", much less any docking, as the twin fins under the hull, say the best I can do is 10 feet from shore anyway! Name is Robby..(Robby321 all the boat forums)..and be the gray headed old fart..(probably will blend in with many!), and heres the boat pic, and will show next year, and while at it, Thom, thanks the work done, to put the event together. Both of us limp, have back problems, but thats almost SIX decades, us, "slamming wakes at speed", and loving every second of it! :cool1: Pic my Flatty

[IMG]
    Hello Brian Lake Mason was a wonderful end to the Clubs calander,
    Although another event on the Monroe / Everette slough - river is upcomming soon. Watch the site.
    That Lake Mason event was the best. Great boats, fun people . and lots of Yummies at the Pot Luck
    but one thing was Missing NO ONE ON THE ROAP that means we R not pushing are motors hard enough. LOL
    Your boat is a nice one and it should sell soon. On your oil exchanger to you need a new one or just change the copper insides,?
    Ingvar- Swedster
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

That last post I think was meant for the boat for sale, post 29. My Flatty is not for sale. And I saw it yesterday, be a screaming deal at $1000+. And yep, a super nice day. Sure is different today though! Good timing!

Comment

Mason Lake was a huge success!!!

Thanks everyone for attending the Mason Lake Gathering yesterday.
        It was a huge success (IMHO).
        The weather was BEAUTIFUL!
        The water was real nice since there weren't too many wakeboard boats spreading Tsunami sized waves about.
        A LOT of boats and members, along with other classic boat enthusiasts were in attendance.
        A TON of great food was shared in the Potluck.
        We opted not to use the covered picnic area for the Potluck and it was held on the grass along the water's edge.
        At first there wasn't the usual Honey-Bucket at the boat launch or picnic area so I approached the Ranger and learned that the Honey-Buckets had been too costly to have spread throughout the property and so they had no longer been leased.
        I explained that we would have a lot of folks that sure could use a Honey-Bucket close to the launch for the day.
        The Ranger apologized, but then recalled there was still one Honey-Bucket on the grounds at a remote camping area currently not being used.
        He quickly offered to get the tractor and bring the Honey-Bucket down to the launch area for the day.
        I thanked him for his kind gesture and was "first in line" when the Honey-Bucket arrived.
        :boater1:
        There were a LOT of really beautiful classic boats at the gathering and I for one really enjoyed seeing them all.
        There were a LOT of beautiful classic Mercury outboards there too, and as you are all probably aware, the classic Mercs really make my day!!!

I will be making next year's reservation as soon as possible once I learn the date desired.
        I am really looking forward to seeing pictures taken by folks in attendance.
        Thom & Dlani Adams (Dr. Frankenmerc & Mercury Momma)

ps: If anyone is trying to reach me by phone, my cel phone drowned in my pocket while I was kneeling down beside someone's boat working on something.
        Ideally I will get the thing dried out and back on board soon, but in the mean time I can be reached by Dlani's cel if you simply change the last digit of my number to a 6.

pss: If anyone has pictures, I would really appreciate them sending them directly to me as well as to this forum as I have difficulty snagging pictures of useful size from the forums & LOVE seeing the pictures.

psss: Marty,
        You and Mo missed a GREAT Time & I sure wish you guys could have attended.
        Doc F
        Doc Frankenmerc
        Keeping Mercs alive since 1965

Comment

Mason Photos

Hi all.

Well, I did not see a bunch of picture taking going on this year and I myself have to admit that I was so happy with my trials and how well the Bearcat was running that I did not take a lot of photos.
          By the time I started taking photos, folks were leaving.

Hope others did better than I did. But, here is what I did get.
          Attached Files
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Another great meet at Mason!

We must collectively have good karma, since we once again had gorgeous weather for our last event of the season. It was great to see everyone and to get the chance to meet some folks from the forum I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting in person yet.

I was so busy having fun that I completely forgot to get an accurate boat count, I think we had 15-16 boats on the water. This was a very active event, seemed like there were always boats in motion and people going out and coming in almost constantly. Except, of course, when it was time for lunch.

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped end the season with a perfect event! And thanks to everyone for all the great eats at the potluck too!

I think this was the first meet I've attended with Thom (Dr. Frankenmerc) where he spent more time driving his boat than he did working on other people's motors! Thom, thanks very much for tweaking my motor, I swear it ran better just from you getting in the boat, before you even touched it. :GoodJob:

I started a new photo gallery here: http://www.classicboatclub.com/forum...ry.php?cat=933 and posted some photos.

See you at the planning meeting in November!

Tim

Comment

Katherine and I had a wonderful time except she lost her glasses. They are in a light blue-gray case. She may have dropped them at Simpson park. Did anyone see them? Andy

Comment

Burgees

If you had asked me about a burgee at Mason after we ran out, please send me an email letting me know you'd like one (or two) from the next order which should be here within a week or ten days.

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

I called the Simpson Ranger and left a message to call me if the glasses are turned in.

Thanks everyone for posting the great pictures.
                  Doc Frankenmerc
                  Doc Frankenmerc

Comment

Thank you for your help with the glasses. Andy

Comment

Working...
                    X