Boating - 2013 season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boating - 2013 season

I am interested in leading trips on the Snohomish slough area,Weekends & mid week
    Baker Lake to see the Waterfalls , Clear lake- Best in the West
    to take photos of your classic boat. Mt Rainier is close in the background . Also a trip around Bainbridge . Richard Amberson wants to do some trips in the South Sound and I will help him co-ordinate these.
    Ingvar Swede Carlson The Rain acommoth - R U ready ?
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Ingvar,
    Your efforts are worthy of a big thank you as we seem to watch more than doing or saying anything.
    The Bainbridge lap sounds intriguing but I better get a larger classic running so I can do it with more freeboard.
    TimM
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Comment

We're ready!!!

Ingvar,

We are excited for 2013!! Mostly since we missed entire boating season this year while having our first baby boy. But by next summer he'll be big enough to fit into his PFD and we can get the boat on the water again!!!

Although we still haven't taken the virgin Chris Craft into salt water, and probably won't...
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by ingvar carlson, post: 23932
        I am interested in leading trips on the Snohomish slough area,Weekends & mid week
        to take photos of your classic boat. Mt Rainier is close in the background . Also a trip around Bainbridge . Richard Amberson wants to do some trips in the South Sound and I will help him co-ordinate these.
        Ingvar..
        There is absolutely No reason why we can't start planing some of the events for next year.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

2013 Trips

I'll have the Flying Scott water ready by spring, and would love to join in. I'm in Arlington so any of the Seattle, north events would be great for us. Hope to have my 78' Mercury Wagon ready to tow. It would make a great package !
          Later, Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 23937
            Ingvar..
            There is absolutely No reason why we can't start planing some of the events for next year.
            Joe, Like i said in a earlier posting i would like to do the "Around Bainbridge Island" and with a event at "Blake Island" next year if that is ok with you. Date's to be set at a later time. Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Ok guys. You that have events in mind that you would like to be a Coordinator on, I guess now is the time to speak up.

Thanks Chuck for taking the Around Bainbridge event. That is always fun.

I know we have others.
              Should we start a new thread and list events on and who might want to coordinate them ??

Clint and the LaConner Car/boat show is a dead ringer, or I hope so.?
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

LaConner show is 2nd Saturday in August. clint

Comment

Quote: Should we start a new thread and list events on and who might want to coordinate them ?? Joe

Joe, Please put me down for Blake Island as well. Yes,I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread and list events only as of right now there are three places where they are being posted.It's getting hard to keep track of where they are and what people are saying. Chuck
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

2013 events

I have started a new thread for you all to list the events you would like to sponsor in the "Club Affairs Discussion" forum
                    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Planning Events Now

Originally posted by ingvar carlson, post: 23932

Ingvar. I have started putting the calendar of events together.
                      The one we are using for everyone to view is the one at www.classicboatclub.com and News & Events.

Our "Worksheet" or "Work" calendar is the one on the Forum.
                      Look at the line up above here, starts out with UserCP and as you read across it, Social Groups, "Calendar", then Search.
                      Its that Calendar that you can go though the months. So far, only one event per month and nothing past the LaConnor Boat and Car show.

Whatcha got that I can put up VeryBigSmile
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I for one am chomping at the bit.

Have many hours ahead hammering and sawing, hopefully not "at random." (QB15, Judge Learned Hand, If memory serves.)

Have Skagit 17 (16'), line on trailer and motor. Modification plan forming in crainium with plans for BS1088 plywood, marine glue and paint, possibly rotating helm chairs and electronics, etc, etc.

Settled on Merc 60 Big Foot as 75 may be too heavy (+150lbs.) Garmin System with DF and VHF for fun.

Really like the idea of going to all these places which were incompatible with former vessels.
                        Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                        16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                        17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Just wondering if there is any interest in events in the Coeur d'Alene area? I want to become a member but not sure if there is much going on in this neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express, post: 24585
                            Just wondering if there is any interest in events in the Coeur d'Alene area? I want to become a member but not sure if there is much going on in this neck of the woods.
                            This is sad...I forgot how to Move posts to different areas.:shocked3:

I think we need to start this as a new post..

How about I go over and start one and do a Idaho roll call.
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                            X