Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Washington Shakedown March 30th

Hi,

We're new to the club, but keen on participating in events. I noticed that the first on-the-water event of the season is coming up in 3 weeks. Meeting up at Coulon Park sounds fun.

Weather permitting, we were thinking of launching at Stan Sayers and cruising down to join up at Coulon. This would save a little on launch fees as we aren't Renton residents and it might be a fun way to start the day. What do you think? Is this a good idea? Anyone else interested?

Bruce and Toby
    1962 Elgin 14 foot Runabout

1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

If I go I will launch at Renton with Lowell. It's a nice cruz from Renton north up the lake besides Lowell might need a tow. I owe him a long one.
      Greg James

Comment

I hope to be there if all goes well. Andy E.

Comment

I am hoping to have the boat back together in time for this cruise. Michele will be working that day so I have to beg grandma to watch little Declan (7-1/2 months young is probably a little early to try an all day cruise on Lake Washington in an open runabout).

Hopefully we can get some decent weather and see EVERYBODY!!!
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Hope you can make it Brian. This sounds real familiar when Genevieve was young. Your a good Dad.
            Greg James

Comment

Overwhelming lack of interest... besides the core group of ironmen is discouraging. Perhaps we'll see you guys at an impromptu gathering that doesn't require any priority shifting.

Happy boating

G

Ps. Congrats on the little one Brian and Michelle!

Comment

Looks like I won't be making this one, this year. That's the last day of my son's skiing lesson, so I'll be on the mountain...
                :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
                (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
                1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Comment

DMCI looking for boat ride. Have camera will travel.

I was just thinking, that if anybody had room for one crew that I could bring along my new video camera and take movies of some of the cruise.

I have a trailer now for my 14 Skagit, but haven't had a chance to work on the transom and other details that need to be done before it can be used. I did however also find 40 horse Merc that will be perfect on it. Includes electric start, control, and all the other geewhiz that is required to make it go. But I still need to rebuild the darn transom.

It turns out that every time I have a chance to work on it lately it's been raining like crazy. Welcome to Washington as they say.

So that's the reason I was thinking if someone had a spare spot on their boat for a cameraman, I would be interested. I need to get an inflatable life vest before then anyway. That camera now has hundred gig plus memory card for movies, and a 32 gig card that I have dedicated to photographs. The big card has enough space for 9 hours high resolution video and audio. Should make some interesting pictures.

Our… I can just work on my boat(s). :TakePicture1:
                  Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                  16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                  17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Hello Everyone

It appears there is interest in a group going that is good. However if the weather turns into a nice warm spring day more will come out to play and have fun.
                    There is talk of others launching elsewhere along the shores of this vast lake, I do hope you don't expect the Renton Group to rendezvous with you along the way. I really never have much luck at predicting when we leave the boat ramp, nor hearing my cellphone ring or a radio call on the VHF. The motor is just too loud and my hearing too weak.

Dave I'm sure you can get a ride no problem, bring a PFD and maybe raingear.

Myself, I do hope everything works that is under that large grey tarp, I guess I will unwrap it soon.
                    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Change of plans maybe. Might not be able to attend.

Comment

[quote="Lowell, post: 24655"]It appears there is interest in a group going that is good.
                        There is talk of others launching elsewhere along the shores of this vast lake, I do hope you don't expect the Renton Group to rendezvous with you along the way. I really never have much luck at predicting when we leave the boat ramp, nor hearing my cellphone ring or a radio call on the VHF. The motor is just too loud and my hearing too weak.

Why not tell everybody that you are leaving at 10am and the route you will be taking. That has worked in the past ?

Comment

Maybe I'll be good to go.

Just negotiated with Dick to buy his blue skimaster. You know the one that was at the Seattle boat show. Did not buy 55 that was on it, and now intend to put the 60 Bigfoot there.

Went down south to take a look at it, and it seems to be a beautiful boat. Dick is a terrific guy and I spent an hour with him on what appeared to be a very busy day. Looks like we arrived at a price and if everything goes well (and fully expect it will) I will have my third (can you believe that?) Skagit. If I get it altogether sans navigation gear, then I'll bring it to Lake Washington. I hope the plan will come together, otherwise I will be there with my thumb out.

Reason I did this, is with the speed I'm going with the 17 there is just no way that I can get it completed during the first half of the season. Right now it seems whenever I get time to work on it, it is pouring down rain. That ski master while being smaller and lighter, is essentially ready to go and I like that.
                          Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                          16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                          17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Launch time on saturday the 30th.

Remember the trip is taking into consideration weather, so route is unknown if it is windy or stormy we will stay in the southern end of Lake Washington and boat around in that area and have lunch in a restraunt next to the Park.

However: if the weather is fine,we will go up the east side of Mercer Island. We could mill around the area around U of W for awhile to see if anyone else is going to join us. If we head north we will be in the water about 11 am. and I suppose it is about 1/2 hour to 3/4 hour trip to the U of W from Renton.

If I were to guess we would be at U of W around 12 to 1230 pm, if you don't see us by then we stayed in the southern part of the lake.

If you want to meet up with us be around the U of W about noon.

My cell phone # is four two five, three two seven, two two 0 1.
                            1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

You will be very happy with the ski master. I find mine to be a really good all-around boat. I use mine in both saltwater and freshwater. You have are really nice one. I have 1967 100 horse Johnson with a CMC trim unit on mine. I feel as comfortable with my ski master as I feel with my 17 foot Skagit express. You should really enjoyed the boat.. Clint

Comment

Working...
                              X