No announcement yet.

Blake Island April 20th !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's too bad the weather is not the best. Oh well... Thank you Chuck for cancelling the event. It will be better to wait for a nicer day and more people.

Bruce

Originally posted by SkagitGuy, post: 24936
    Being there has not been an exactly overwhelming response to our Blake Island outing this Saturday April 20th,the event will be rescheduled at a later date with maybe better weather.Only one person has said they would be coming if the weather was decent. Chuck
    1962 Elgin 14 foot Runabout

Comment

Good! I would like to come, but boating in the rain does not thrill me...another time suits me fine. Hope to see everyone!
      -Ken

Comment

Bruce:

It turns out that the 18 with a 90 will be the second boat ready. The 16 (15'11") Ski Master will be ready first, and that will probably be the boat that I bring to the first outing, even though I swore up and down I wouldn't put it in the saltwater, looks like I will have no choice.

I don't think the permanent tanks will be ready soon, but all I need to do is get a second 6 gallon Moeller tank and for such a short trip 12 gallons should be plenty. When I get it I'll have to do is install a radio and the depth Finder.

Those are the minimum things that one needs on a boat to be absolutely safe. I also need to get a couple long ropes and an anchor. Dick Dow informs me that there was one that he has that goes with the boat. The only thing it will be missing is the GPS antenna for the tachometers. That also provides the automated location for the radio emergency call switch. Things seem to be moving at a snail's pace, but this time year I guess that's all you can expect. I plan to do this as soon as they release the boat to me.

If something don't speed up a little, I will be getting there by waterskiing behind your boat.

:boater1:
        Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
        16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
        17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

10 day weather forecast??

Well, I just looked at the 10 day forecast and it indicates nine days of rain or showers. The one day predicting partly cloudy is not Sunday the 23rd. Rain normally doesn't stop me boating, but when will especially in a tiny little boat like the one I have now

Therefore I would suggest that at a minimum you check your bilge pump and be prepared to bring a raincoat. My experience is that if you have goggles and a good raincoat or float coat, that cruising in the rain is actually fairly pleasant. The problem is that above about 20 kn or so the rain impingement hurts a little.

There is also a possibility that (if you pardon the pun) the weather report is all wet and that it will only be cloudy. My orange colored goggles are on my old boat so I have to go by the ski store and get new ones.
          Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
          16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
          17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Blake Island

If we redo this event in a good weather condition , I have a small
            dinghy that I can tow down from my home at Agate pass .
            This way U keep your boat off the rocky beach on anchor.
            Our last trip 2 yrs ago the waves were high when the cabin cruiser
            where on plane . Hope we can do this trip again

Hey how about the Snohomish Slough area . This is a great area to explore. I am on a Alaska cruise early July but lets do it soon
            Ingvar "SWEDSTER " Carlson
            Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Working...
            X