Blake Island 1 More Time ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Island 1 More Time ?

Ok, We need to start a list of the people that will be attending Sunday the 23rd of this month. We will meet up at the Northwest end of the Blake Island around 11-11:30am to have lunch ( "brown bag" ) and if you would like to explore the island (Tillicum Village) that would be up to you. You can pull your boat up on the nice beach ( no big rocks ! ) or anchor just offshore. Being the island is centrally located in Puget Sound ,you can launch your boat just about from any place on the Sound like, Everett,Edmonds,Kingston,Winslow ( Bainbridge Island),Bremerton, Seattle,Tacoma,Gig Harbor,etc. Below is some information on the Island. I included some pictures from earlier events at Blake. You can used a Buddy Anchor or just any anchor on the stern to more or less keep your boat straight from not going sideways onto the beach. As far as tides go,just check your tide book.
    Hope to see you there ! Chuck

Nestled between Bainbridge Island and Vashon Island, the 476-acre island once was privately owned and then in 1974 became Blake Island State Park.Blake Island is a favorite location for kayaking, bird watching and year-round camping or stopping off and watching the world go by. The popular Northwest attraction and tour, Tillicum Village, is located at the north end of the Island and is a daytime cultural attraction for visitors during the summer.The island's proximity to nearby Bremerton, Seattle, Tacoma and other surrounding cities makes it a stop off destination for daytime and overnight trips.Blake Island, which can only be reached by boat, has 15 miles of hiking and bike trails, three campgrounds and approximately 1700 feet of saltwater shoreline. The Island has views of the Olympic Mountains, Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

McIntyre goes pretty much for sure.

I am working on the red boat in the next few days to get the electronics installed. I should be good to go by then, so count me in.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Blake Island List

For the people that are going attend this coming Sunday at Blake Island, please add your name to the list. Details are listed under "Blake Island" one more time? Thanks,Chuck

Bruce & Toby
      Ken
      Dave (DMCI)
      Dave Forsythe

Comment

Sorry Chuck

This is the type of trip I really enjoy going on. Normally I would be going but months ago I scheduled a boating trip in the San Juans with the Grandkids and my wife. Can't get out of this trip to attend the Blake Is one, maybe next year or if you go again later in the summer. Have fun, it looks like the weather will be warm. If you spend the night the evening lights of Seattle are really nice. Lowell
        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

It's a go for sunday !

Bruce, Sunday is going to be partly sunny and 77. King 5 said there might be some rain late in the day , so it's a "GO" for Sunday for Blake Island Event. Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X