BBQ Cancelled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Cancelled

Well, since it appears no one is interested in having a BarBQue next weekend, I am cancelling the event.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

I didn't see any discussion about it ?? Then again, I don't always get all the posts like I am supposed to either...
    Off to looking.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Alternative cruise on barbecue weekend?

That's a darn shame! I was in fact planning to go. There has been little or no conversation regarding this opportunity on the site.

However, and while it's on short notice I just had an idea. Now that more people have their boats ready to go, evidenced by a potential reasonable turnout this weekend (?); I would be up for a slow comfortable cruise around Lake Washington, en masse to take a look at the homes on the beach in flat freshwater. 10 or 15 classic boats would have the homeowners looking at us as much as we were looking at them. Good publicity for the club, a fun day, and a chance to have a nice cruise. I would recommend putting in at Renton at the park there. Like Mason last year, I would open it up members, active members, and guests.

The shakedown cruise this spring, was basically a run up the lake at speed to Ivar's for lunch, which was fun but there wasn't time to do much else. Based on that experience, I would suggest departure no later than 0900 at the Renton park. That configuration would allow cruising in the morning and early afternoon when the water hopefully will be flat as a pancake, ideal for our boats, and if we got there fairly early there would be a ton of parking. I don't know what time the park opens but it should be sometime around there and if there's interest as coordinator, I would be willing to check. We could find a bay somewhere, raft up and have sandwiches or whatever out of the lunchboxes. Another alternative for Lunch would be at the park, where they have barbecue facilities. We could tie up at the dock there and let people look at the boats! Because this is friendly freshwater (hopefully), it might be a chance for those of you with smaller boats (like Helmar's Skimaster) to exercise them.

There are couple alternatives for the design of the cruise, we could do the slow comfortable number on the way up and then a John F. Kennedy every man for himself trip back for lunch at the dock in Renton. Tying up with the dock there would allow chance for the membership coordinator talk to the people looking at the boats and hand out membership information?

I'm thinking that if there was a one-hour cruise at 10 kn, people might want to get out and stretch her legs a bit. Unlike Kennedy, where the winner got the fuel up first, in this case you will have your choice of available dock space. My 18 with only a 90 on it probably wouldn't do well, but it would make an impressive sight to see a big vee formation moving 15 to 20 kn down the lake.

As a newbie, I would be willing to act as coordinator if I had somebody to assist that has some experience with this kind of stuff.

Now with all due respect our friends from Oregon, I would suggest that Lake Washington is kind of the centroid of the Pacific Northwest membership. Those of you that would've driven up to the barbecue might not mind a few more miles of driving to the south end of Lake Washington.

This summer has all of the appearance of being breathtakingly short, and I for one want to go boating, and see as many of my friends out with their boats as well.

Anybody else?
      Attached Files
      Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
      16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
      17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Working...
      X