We had a Great Meeting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had a Great Meeting.

First and foremost, I want to thank Mike and Judy for having us again this year. Lots of sinfull cookies and some good Pizza for our lunch. Thanks again guys!!

I am not going to attempt to put everyone's name down as I tend to forget people or how to spell there names.
    I didn't take a head count but we had more members show up than I expected so a Big Thank you for your attendance.
    I think we worked though some issues on the events and got some good starts for me to post.

The meeting started out with me babbling about what all was done with the Website, explained that our old one we got from Tim and Brendan when kaBoom, and thanks to Ed Brown one of our members in LA California had built us another one to match what we had.
    Chris our had been working hard to get our forum software tuned to our liking as well as the photos and all back and running well.
    Big thanks to Ed Brown for rebuilding the website and also Chris for the work he has done for us too.

From there we were able to get into some planing of events. Some were pretty cut and dried like the LaConnor Boat and Car show that Clint will be the coordinator on.
    (I don't take notes for crap guys so if I messed this up and it needs corrected, Jump in there please!!)

The next day or so I will start putting the events together for the main Websites Calendar of Events page and also the Events on the Forums Calendar.

We also had some comments on our Events Calendar that is on the Forum software package.
    We agreed that its not the same as most calendars in that it starts the week different than others.

Again, thanks to all that attended as it made me feel like it was worth all the effort that goes in to making this all happen. Thanks to Mike and Judy, thanks to Ed Brown and Chris Morris for there work as well.!!
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Joe, Thank you for the taking the time to come up from Oregon to put on the meeting ! Also thanks to Judy and Mike "again" for giving us a place to hold it like in past years. It was nice to see some friends from past meetings and some new ones as well. Hang in there as you are doing a great job. Sorry for no pictures. Chuck.
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Dorsettguy, post: 26446, member: 6
      Joe, Thank you for the taking the time to come up from Oregon to put on the meeting ! Also thanks to Judy and Mike "again" for giving us a place to hold it like in past years. It was nice to see some friends from past meetings and some new ones as well. Hang in there as you are doing a great job. Sorry for no pictures. Chuck.
      Thanks Chuck, and thank you all for your support
      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe, What seem weir was when you were making up the events calendar and talking about places to go , i thought well that would be a nice place to go then i remember i don't have a boat anymore that runs. Well that will mean i will have to more or less start working on it about 4 hours a day to get it ready for the up coming season next year. Chuck
        Attached Files

Comment

That's because you still had one setting in your driveway.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Ray, will be picking up the Skagit 20' on Friday. Then my 40' Shelter will be empty as the Saratoga is in the garage . I guess i will use it for a car shelter till next spring.

Comment

Or maybe one of those small little travel trailers that is pretty cool too
              Those that Melanie and Rick have are pretty slick !!

If I remember, that is deep enough you can have several projects going at the same time.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Yea, It will hold 2-20' boats without any problem. I will be taking the Saratoga ( ZOOM ! ) off the trailer soon as i will just put it in there to store while i paint it.The Skagit leaves this Friday. I told him i would take the small windshield off and fill the 6 holes and sanded that area for him today. I 'am switching out the low style windshield for the original style. Not quite ready for the Vintage Trailers yet. Want to get the Saratoga finished first.

Comment

Kind of slow on the posting- wanted to thank Judy and Mike for the super hospitality. All the treats, pizza, coffee really hit the spot. That clubhouse is precious, and the fun meetings have been a neat memory- thanks !
                  Thanks to all who drove so far- Joe, wow. Brian, nice to get out !
                  Great seeing everyone.
                  bruceb

Comment

Working...
                  X