• Time
  • Show
Clear All

who's Coming
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Figure I'll be there

Put me down for the trip. Plan to run down to Hat Island in the morning and meet with others there and on to Bowman Bay. Think 32 gallons of fuel will get me all the way around and home (60 miles). So, I'm guessing the ETA for the Hat Is. meeting will be around 10:30 or 11?
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

I thought it might be a good idea that we have a cell phone list for tomorrow. mine is 206 790 1725. If you have a vhf radio we usually use ch. 69 and I can be reached there once I'm on the water. I am sorry you can't make it Marty but I sure do understand. Susie and I are looking forward to seeing everybody especially those of you we haven't seen for awhile. This sounds like a really good event and since I have never been north of twin bridges we are really looking forward to it. See you all tomorrow.
        Greg and Susie
        Greg James

Comment

Diane and I will be there following that Humungus Yacht Chippewa! Our cell # is 253-380-2298 and will be on Channel 69! Sounds fun.

O will 30 gallons of fuel be enough??
          John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelous, post: 5266
            Diane and I will be there following that Humungus Yacht Chippewa! Our cell # is 253-380-2298 and will be on Channel 69! Sounds fun.

O will 30 gallons of fuel be enough??
            Only if you keep your right hand out of the throttle body of that big black thing on the stern...
            I'm carrying 30 gallons to go from Everett on up. I'll steal from Felix if my right hand is too heavy, I have a siphon hose just in case...
            ChuckB 206-353-5031
            "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Good idea with the siphon hose. I will have to push down on handle to keep up with the bigger black thing on the Chippewa.
              John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Will only cost you $3.73 gal delivered. What a deal ! And that is premix.Oh that's right, you have a 4 stroke. Take it or leave it. Echo
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Maybe I'll just ask for a tow, coughing and sputtering and blue smoke are not my domain any more... the 4 stroke dilema
                  ChuckB
                  "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Chuck B. I'm going with 24 gallons. That should be plenty, if not I have a tow rope. I went from Edmonds down to Olympia last year and used only 18 gals. I burn about 1 gal. an hour depending on rpms and load.
                    Greg James

Comment

Greg:
                      I'm really not to worried about fuel. The last time I was up in the SanJuans I traveled over 100 statute miles mostly at 3/4 to full throttle over varied water conditions and used about 14 gallons. This time it will be more than 100 mi so I've added a 6 gal portable to my 2 12 gal permanent tanks. But It's a looong way home to Everett.and my boat is fatter and not as flat across the bottom as yours...
                      ChuckB

Comment

My cell is 360-220-8959. I'm heading down to Hat around 9-9:30 as the water is quite lumpy around Lummi Island.
                        Jerry
                        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
                        X