No announcement yet.

Baker Lake is go for Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I finally got the boat into Baker Lake yesturday and discovered that the water level is down almost 10 ft from where it was in July and the good news is that there were only 2 pieces of drift wood!!

We have found several points of interest around the lake for our saturday activities. (which I need to know how people feel about treasure hunt maps, do we like maps with points sketched in, or do we like GPS coordinates and you hunt using a handheld gps unit. I was planning to make up both types of maps but want to know how ya'll feel about it)

Baker lake does currently have fish in it, so if you like to fish bring your pole and a licsense. The water is a little on the chilly side (glacier feed) so water sports are only for the cold blooded (we wake board and inner tube with wetsuits) so there should be enough activities to keep you entertained if you decide to stay over night. There are several campsites that will be open all year that are accessable only by boat or hike. they have well constructed pit-toilets, so I see no reason why you couldn't anchor out and camp onboard or pitch a tent on shore.

More details will be coming later today or tomorrow.

~Brian
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian, Do not have a handheld GPS for the G-3, so a map it is for me anyway. Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Oh, for a ride in the California Girl, I'd bring my GPS. Oops. Forgot, I still haven't learned how to use it. BTW, Chuck, I sent you a private message some time ago and never heard back. I didn't renew the "Skagit" plate so you might want to pick it up for your other Skagit.
        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Do you plan on doing a potluck for Saturday dinner? Susie
          Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 6393
            Do you plan on doing a potluck for Saturday dinner? Susie
            We were thinking that a group potluck would be the easiest way to feed everyone. We are planning to have a BBQ on site (big one from home) so anyone will be welcome to grill up any meat substance they wish. I am working on getting a local store to possibly sponsor the event with food donations or discounts but not having the best luck. (guess I am not quite the salesman I thought I was).
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
            X