Bell Boy ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell Boy ?

Here are some pics. Hopefully someone can help me id this thing. Im almost positive on the 60 -62 year but which one? Are there any marks I can look for to idenify hull type/model. And what about finding a top? Anyway thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

The top is just a matter of going to your local canvas shop and having one made.

Tim

Comment

I know that part. Need to find out if it was a hard top or soft top. And I want to get the rear bracket system for this. Want to be as original as possible. Will be hard but worth it.
      Benjamin

Comment

Benjamin

Have you crawled up into the bow and looked for numbers stamped on the underside of the deck near the front? The hull seems a little different than the 60 - 62 404 hulls I've had. How long is it? Barry

Comment

Thanks. Its a 17', has a bow acess to fuel tank up top. Also the BB70 Volvo-Penta. I am of course not sure on year. Just going by Bell Boy brochures(Havent found it in the ads I've seen thats why I'm dating those years) and Volvo-Penta BB70's manufacture dates

Comment

Your boat doesn't have the typical Bellboy bow of the 60's. It is similar to a Glasspar but it is not. Wauconda made something similar... Marty???
            ChuckB
            "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Damn! And thats what is the coolest about this group!
              John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
              Past Affairs:
              '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Appreciate the info. Is there somewhere where I can see the brochures for that model. And it was with the BB70 correct. Thanks Alot for your input... Benjamin Hrbek

Comment

-shake and bake-

Sweet ride Benjamin, get her back on the water first, spend money and time after enjoying some instant gratification.

I don't listen to my own advice, thus I was a landlubber all last season and my squeeze didn't get to witness the positives of this addiction!

Don't be that guy...

P.S.: how the heck did BillR know the answer to this mystery?

Comment

Working...
                  X