Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barracuda Stainless Rub Rail Finally On!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barracuda Stainless Rub Rail Finally On!

Spent all day yesterday and just finished at 5:00 PM today cutting and installing the new stainless rub rail trim. Now I will tell yah one thing, its not a task for the faint of heart! very exacting and pain staking work on this boat because of the angles in the center of the boat on each side. And remember, this is a glass boat so a washer and fiber lock nut goes on every screw! There are 210 screws just holding on the rub rail trim and the small stainless trim between the walk about deck area and the raised area of the deck. Oh, it was fun doing the ones under the deck.

When your taking a Drumel and hack saw to very expensive 12 foot runs of stainless and realize that one bad measurement or cut can cost you a ton you just have to remember the old rule, measure twice, cut once!

It all came out great with just one very tiny screw up but don't worry, I WILL NEVER SHOW YOU WHERE IT IS! LOL!

Pics Attached,
    JAG
    Attached Files

If that ain't sweeeet, I don't know what is!!
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

John, I see your tiny screw up !....... Gotcha ! ! I don't really see it. lol You should be very proud of your great work ! Thanks for sharing it with us. Best,Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks for the pictures John. Looks fantastic, great job.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks to all for the nice words.
          Can anyone tell me why when I click on my pics in the thread it tells me I don't have permission to access the page and the pics don't enlarge?
          John Gambill
          JAG

Comment

Originally posted by JAG, post: 9182
            Thanks to all for the nice words.
            Can anyone tell me why when I click on my pics in the thread it tells me I don't have permission to access the page and the pics don't enlarge?
            John Gambill
            JAG
            It's because you're a guest and not a member.

The boat is looking awesome John, thanks for sharing the photos!

Tim

Comment

Guess I'd better become a member.

Will do soon.
              JAG

Comment

Working...
              X