Class Photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Photos

Here are a few photos of today's class at Mike and Judy Kronick's house in Tacoma. Subject was great and the presenter was GREATER! The turnout totalled 18 members. Thanks to all who attended,
    Judy and Mike
    Attached Files
    1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Originally posted by mikekronick, post: 9376
    Here are a few photos of today's class at Mike and Judy Kronick's house in Tacoma. Subject was great and the presenter was GREATER! The turnout totalled 18 members. Thanks to all who attended,
    Judy and Mike
    clas was awsome thanks tim for for the class and mike for having us over best mark

Comment

We are truly lucky to have a person like Tim Jones with all his expierience and knowledge as a member in NWCBC. I thought Tim gave an excellent presentation and I learnd a lot and enjoyed it very much. Thank you very much Tim.
      Greg James

Comment

Tim & Grahm, thanks for a great presentation. I really enjoyed the day, plus I learned a lot. Tim, I think a book is definitly in your future.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

I'd like to add my thinks to Tim for a great presentation with lots of good info and for the really entertaining stories!

And thanks to Mike and Judy for once again hosting the group in fine style.

We're very fortunate to have folks in the club who are so willing to share their expertise and experience, and to open their home to us.

Let's have a round of applause for Tim, Mike and Judy.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 9383
            I'd like to add my thinks to Tim for a great presentation with lots of good info and for the really entertaining stories!

And thanks to Mike and Judy for once again hosting the group in fine style.

We're very fortunate to have folks in the club who are so willing to share their expertise and experience, and to open their home to us.

Let's have a round of applause for Tim, Mike and Judy.

Tim
            Can't add anything to this. Good show McSkagit, Mike and Judy.
            Jerry
            There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

meeting

Yes! Thanks lots for the use of the club house, Mike and Judy!. Great to meet Tim and son Graham, I too enjoyed the presentation and stories. When Tim said he had been working on his big Skagit for over 20 years, makes me think its not so bad I've been plunking away on a couple of my projects for a couple of years! That is an admirable commitment. Looking forward to some flatter water than we heard about in class. - Ross
              Ross Henson

Comment

I too had a great time. Good class presentation and good friends.

Now I know Why to respect the big water

Thanks again Mike and Judy !!!
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks to Mike & Judy for letting us use the " NMCBC Club House " once again ! Thank you also goes out to Tim and his son, Graham for their lecture on safe boating. A person can never get enough of that. Chuck
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

A Hardy Thank You to Mike and Judy!

Wish to express a hearty and hardy Thank You to Mike and Judy Kronick for hosting the assistance towing/heavy weather class!

I was a bit nervous as I haven't done much public speaking. In preparation, realized these topic go off in all sorts of directions, so I had trouble staying on track and not digressing into war stories.

Graeme enjoyed the class and expressed interest in doing another presentation in the future. I don't get to see him often, so was great to see him. We went out for a burger and brewski later and talked about a lot of boat related stuff. Realize he loves boats and the sea as much as I do! No problem on the spelling. Graeme is Scottish/Welsch and Graham is Canadian spelling.

A few topics I didn't get to.... vessel stability was on my list to cover in more detail.

Really enjoyed meeting new members and seeing old acquaintences again.
                    Thanks so much for the gas kitty. I'm sort of in a financial time warp and consider a few bucks for gas plenty. Thanks so much again for your generosity.

Really enjoyed the day. It went by in a blink.

Just got back on island (Sunday about 11pm). Spent most of the day with my dad (my boating inspiration) who is 97!

Thanks again to all and Fair Weather..... Hope to see you on the waterways this summer.....

Tim

P.S. Mike, hope you got your VCR hooked up again! Thanks for making that available!
                    Attached Files
                    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim.
                      I got it hooked up just fine. We can't thank you enough for all the time and effort you put into the class. I just wish I hadn't missed 90 percent of it. Oh well.. Maybe we'll con you into doing it again sometime.
                      Smooth sailing, bye for now. Mike.
                      1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Safety class

Tim
                        Thanks for a lot of information. Sorry I had to head back to Portland early. I had one particular question left over for you or Graeme. What do you do if someone falls overboard and can't help themselves back in for whatever reason (injured, unconscious) ? How do you safely retrieve them particularly if you are the only one left in the boat? What gear should you have on the boat that would help? I bet there are a lot of mistakes made in that area.

If anyone happens to create a word document from their notes from the last half of the class I would love to get a copy.

Thanks to Mike and Judy for the hospitality and direction signs.
                        Bruce
                        Bruce H. Drake
                        1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
                        1957 Norseman 19' woodie
                        1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
                        1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

MOB (Man Over Board) equipment

Good question. Dealing with an unconscious person is very difficult. Trying to get my dad at age 97 (146 pounds) in and out of my truck is a real challenge.
                          Dealing with an unconcious person in the water is very difficult...next to impossible.

There is a horseshoe collar made here in the northwest (name escapes me at the moment). Works well, but requires the victim to be conscious and that the boat be equipped with a boom and winch (sailboat).

Professional rescue boats use a device called a Jason's Cradle. A hinged device that hangs over the side of the boat. Pull the individual into the bite of the Jason's Cradle and then ROLL them into the boat.

Look online for info on Jason's Cradle.

Tim
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ask a favor of the club?

Club managers,

I'd like to request a thank you note on club stationary thanking Graeme for his Coast Guard presentation at class on 27th.
                            Something he can put in his merit folder.... I'll forward it to him...
                            Thanks for the consideration...

Tim

Comment

That would be Marty that has the stationary.
                              I know he shares but I never asked him for any.
                              I am sure he will do this
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen
                              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                              X