Lake Stevens Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Stevens Today

What a great time out at Lake Stevens today just east of Everett. Ross & Sue Henson,Gordon & Cheryl Davies, Steve Kiesel ,Greg James and I had a blast. Steve & Gordon where out testing there motors and it looks like they have them tune in for next week. The water conditions was beyond words. It was the kind of day that you wish would not end. We did take quite a few pictures , but found out later the batteries had died.So here's just a very few. The other guys might have some much better shots....i hope so. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Sue and I had a great time this morning on Lk Stevens! Seems like everybody's stuff was in good working order. We were able to raft up for some boat chat, get in some run time and be out before the jet ski rush. We did get quite a kick out of Greg and Chuck... they went to the facilities on the east side of the lake as the ones where we launched had been set on fire some time ago. We saw the G3 come flying back with only Greg in the boat with a big 'ol grin. Seems he took off for a run on his own with Chuck still on the dock. He says," this thing goes good! watch this" and went roaring back to get Chuck.
    I seem to remember Gordon and Cheryl go flying past us as well, that Merc powered 'lummy Is gonna work from what I could see.
    Wait, Steve's Johnson powered Sea Fair was ahead of me all the time too, I guess I will have to live with only using a quart of fuel.(actual mileage may vary). Hope to see every one Sat. - Ross and Sue
    Attached Files
    Ross Henson

Comment

Few more shots

Chuck and Greg, Greg , Ol Slomow the BellBoy
      Attached Files
      Ross Henson

Comment

Great day on the water!

Beautiful spring like day out on Lake Stevens yesterday. Cheryl and I were surprised to see Chuck and Greg, and Ross and Sue already on the water when we met Steve for some testing. Steve's new Johnson outboard not only looks great, but seemed to perform good as well. Just a little tweaking on the controll mounting and he seemed pleased. Our little Slough Rat II performed well too. We did manage to break the seat (no weight comments please!) and somewhere at the bottom of the lake is my best merc 450 faceplate. With Cheryl on the dock taking pictures, and the motor up one more notch, I was able to squeeze 36.6 mph out of her (dang button head rivits are slowin me down!). Here's a few pictures. It was an awesome way to spend the day!
        Attached Files
        Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

No pictures from me. Forgot the camera. Hey, I had a hard enough time just remembering what to take for the boat. It's been along time since I've had the boat on the water. It was a fantastic day, the sun was out, and the lake was flat. Was great to see everyone again. Hope everyone makes it out next weekend.

Yes, the Johnson 60 is going to be a good match on the Seafair. I also mounted the CMC power trim I got from Inseine (Mike Holmstrom). I might have to adjust the engine height a little. But other than that, everything seems to be working great.

Gordon, I found a set of tension springs on the internet from Torresen Marine. Be glad to get those mounted on the cable steering. One less thing to go wrong.
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Ross, That picture of Greg saids it all ! He thinks he was going about 40 mph ( I like to go only about 34 mph ) while i was visting the Honey Bucket "facilities". Greg and I had a blast. He is a believer now on the way the G-3's handles and takes turns and after we went thru some fairly good size waves ( from a ski boat ) at about 33 mph or so as my GPS batteries had die. I think he wants one. Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
            X