g3 Slough video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g3 Slough video

Tim's buddy Stan and his wife took this exclusive footage of the g3 tearing it up...Tim and Sanjay pre-nosejob, see the included sidebar. I'll let Tim explain...

Nice edit job Stan!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7N_vbuDH6I"]YouTube- slough2010.wmv[/ame]
    Attached Files

Oh my, did Tim get his hair caught in his prop? That must have been some wild ride ... :eek:

Comment

As Ken Cook would say,"What did we learn today?"
      Many things.....why they call them "Ducks" ,
      why you carry spare prop hardware
      why you wear your killswitch
      and why you grin ear to ear after making it to Kenmore.
      We slowed down as we passed Stan mostly because we thought we were being filmed for "other" reasons.......didn`t realize he was a "Friendly".
      Next guy had a gun so we knew we were toast.We could have made it pretty hard for him but stopped for obvious reasons.

The Canadian "Blu Angels" were leading the way,at one point I felt the wings flapping next to us.The bow was too clean to be after the last bushwackin adventure ,Brian and his passenger thought we were goners.
      Should have some spray foam sealant to seal broken bows....we would have sunk pretty quick had we cartwheeled on the Big water.
      And Sanjay ,my Co-pilot ,was yelling to "Go faster".
      Seeing the vid puts into perspective how tight the quarters were,and Gordon even passed us along one stretch,pretty bold passing a Dyslexic driver.
      TM
      ps ,yep ,time for a haicut! Who`s the Topless Girl?
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Edit job?

That was pretty much much the whole thing. I did trim the beginning and end, and maybe a smidge in the middle to coform to the sound track (stolen intact from a famous beer commercial). The waterfowl seemed to know what they had to do.

Comment

Stan ,
          The Frogs and crickets in the soundtrack were perfect,now if Slo-Mo could drop a few Crocodile silhouettes into the water it would be perfect ,though it has enough waterfowl scattering to make it full of life.
          Really glad your back was well enough to make it to the shoreline.I can still picture your grin as you had one eye in the viewfinder.
          We`ll have to hope you and the Mrs. can ride along with us on Opening Day`s peaceful cruise.We`ll bring the bigger Seafair boat(almost ready...and foamed abit) or put you on Jay`s ChrisCraft "Tabu".
          Thanx again for the 1968 Black + Whites that really got me into this crazy run.
          TimM
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Opening day

Yes, I can hardly wait to see what kind of a stunt you've got cooked up for opening day. We've already learned that Seafairs make lousy submarines and backwards steering might not be the best choice for slough navigation.

Comment

Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
              X