Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news, Good news

Well,

As of Monday 3/15 I'm unemployed. The Company looked at my 7 years of service and said "Adios" anyway.

SO, since "when life hands you lemons" etc, I'm taking the opportunity to open a shop where I can work on my own boats & motors whilst waiting for real customers to mosey on in.

I'll be mostly working on old Mercs & Bearcats, maybe concentrating on rebuilding lower units since no one around here wants to do them.

Wish me luck!

The Cap'n
    Attached Files
    "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Good luck Pat!

Hope everything works out well for you. I had a similar experience years ago and it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your job but wishing you the best in starting a repair business. There are plenty of lower units that need work out there. Just get the word out.
      Jerry
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Best of luck to you Pat!!

Comment

AAaaaaarGGhHh!

Go get 'em captain!

Comment

Go Jack Go,
            Just remember to keep more of other`s stuff to work than your own.....
            Only a spouse can de-rail you now but good plan on a shop.
            As a friend warned me,"you`ll eat Chicken one week,then feathers the next".
            Line up the winter jobs over the summer so the "X-mas doldrums" don`t leave you selling the fleet to survive.
            Also use the C-list of like-items you can repair,conversations lead to people`s needs,some buy thier way out of a jam while you sometimes can fix theirs.....a 50 hp OMC lower unit led me to Stan Davis(who brought me his).....he went "Wow" when I happened to show him my Mahogeny C-Box.
            Said he might have something I`d like.....those awesome pics of the realSlough races,1968.
            This inspired and led me to the recent Slough madness(with his great Black + whites),which didn`t pay in cash but was priceless ,nonetheless.
            Goodluck,I got some Merc 3.9 -9.8 for you.....
            TimM
            unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
            15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
            SeaRay 175BR
            Hi-Laker lapline
            14` Trailorboat

Comment

Know the feeling !

Originally posted by Captain Jack, post: 9842
              Well,

As of Monday 3/15 I'm unemployed. The Company looked at my 7 years of service and said "Adios" anyway.

SO, since "when life hands you lemons" etc, I'm taking the opportunity to open a shop where I can work on my own boats & motors whilst waiting for real customers to mosey on in.

I'll be mostly working on old Mercs & Bearcats, maybe concentrating on rebuilding lower units since no one around here wants to do them.

Wish me luck!

The Cap'n
              Went through the same thing , worked 8 years and came to work one day and they eliminated my position ! It was right before I was going to have my Skagit painted. Just had the feeling "Now what do I do " Do I spend the money ? Wife and I decided that the boat wasn't worth anything not painted so we went and did it. I decided to take the year off and enjoy. We did and in 17 years of marriage it was the first holidays, weekends Etc being off together since I'm in the hospitality industry. We had a great time . Took 10 months and now I'm back to reality. If I can ever send you any business - I will !! Good luck and don't worry ,it will all work out !!
              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Working...
              X