Looked at Deception Pass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at Deception Pass

Becky and I launched Rosario in La Conner Saturday. The weather wasn't as great as we had hoped for. Never saw the sun and kind of chilly but very light breezes. Went down channel and around Hope Island. Headed over toward Deception Pass just to scare Becky a bit but, instead of going through (although we were there around slack water) we went to the state park dock in Cornet bay and had a picnic lunch in the cabin where it was warmer. In all, a great day.
    Attached Files
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Jerry, You should have zipped thru Deception Pass and back to show how much fun it can be to Becky. Like those fenders. To bad the sun did not come out a little more. Glad you are having a good time with her.Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Ahh Jerry:
      You haven't really had any fun in Rosario until you've taken her through Deception Pass. It really isn't all that entertaining unless you're towing ; or on the end of a tow line...
      ChuckB
      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

No gut's ,no glory !

Clint took us through the narrow pass on the right side as you are heading to open water. It's kind of like going through the Grand Canyon . If you have the right tide it's a piece of cake .
        Attached Files
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Chuck,The Rosario does not know what a tow line is. So there fella ! Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Cool pics Rick. I'll insist that Becky look at the Skagit that survived a trip through the pass. Now I want to go through Canoe Pass. Chuck C., now I'm wondering why I put a heavy duty bow eye in Rosario. Oh, yah, I figured if I were ready to be towed, the event would never actually happen!
            Jerry
            There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Two Skagits !

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 9944
              Cool pics Rick. I'll insist that Becky look at the Skagit that survived a trip through the pass. Now I want to go through Canoe Pass. Chuck C., now I'm wondering why I put a heavy duty bow eye in Rosario. Oh, yah, I figured if I were ready to be towed, the event would never actually happen!
              Jerry
              Melanie & Mary and Clint & Mary , I was in the Dorsett but I have been through Deception in the Convertible
              Attached Files
              Rick & Sarah

Comment

The small pass (Canoe Pass) is the one to use if the water is rough and it is really pretty. We came in over 30years ago in the roughest water I have ever been in and canoe pass was a peice of cake. Deception was nothing but white water and I will bet a foot or two of water heighth difference. Deception is usually good withour boats which ride on top of the water. Clint

Comment

Tell the whole story

Originally posted by strobee, post: 9948
                  The small pass (Canoe Pass) is the one to use if the water is rough and it is really pretty. We came in over 30years ago in the roughest water I have ever been in and canoe pass was a peice of cake. Deception was nothing but white water and I will bet a foot or two of water heighth difference. Deception is usually good withour boats which ride on top of the water. Clint
                  What about the time you took Mary through and now you can't have a wooden boat anymore ?? Mary tells it pretty good
                  Rick & Sarah

Comment

That was the time. Mary said she looked at Deception and was going to jump out if we tried it. Canoe was alright and it was smooth on the other side. The boat we were with thought we had gone over as they saw the whole bottom of my Thompson while going over a swell. We all cheered when we got through the pass. Clint

Comment

Working...
                    X