To Smoke Or Not....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Smoke Or Not....

It's the Mercury V-6 Black Max XR2 150 hp on the Dorsett Farallon. I'am a little tired of getting smoked out at idle speeds and sometimes at higher speeds.It did have a oil reservoir bottle idea,but Mercury i guess had some problems with them as i was told, so it was taken out and then back to the mixing of the oil in the tanks. I talked to a person in " the know " and he said it would cut down on the smoking problem going to a Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil HPI oil. The first thing i need to do is burn off the remainder of about 12 gal in the port saddle tank and then burn the other one off that is still full with 25 gal. The G-3 has a 65 hp Mercury that is fine without any smoking going on ,so i will keep using the quicksilver oil for that. PLEASE NOTE,THIS IS NOT A ENDORSEMENT FOR ANYONE TO DO THE SAME. Best,Chuck

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Echo;
    i used that stuff in my 2 cycle JonnyRudes and they did smoke less than with the stuff made from dinosaurs. Just make sure you run 50:1...
    Echo
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Echo#1 I have been runing 50:1 and will keep doing the same with the other. Echo#2
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
      X