herters blackberry find pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herters blackberry find pictures

When I first saw the pics on cl I thought it was a Flying fish. hence my log in name.I was wrong. after some study I believe it is a mark 111 runabout.here are some pics of it dirty and one after I washed it.
    Attached Files

Really nice purchase Carl, what kind of condition is the Elgin outboard in?

The dolphin embossed triple drink holder/glove box is a nice touch.

Keep us informed...

Comment

Those pictures really inspired me. I've got blackberry bushes all over my property. I grabbed my loppers and started cutting. Now I have a lot fewer blackberry bushes but no boat finds. Oh, well, Becky wouldn't let me keep it if it followed me home. Really upset her when I said we should claim the free Skagit on cl at Friday Harbor. Gotta be more careful. (She did appreciate my cutting blackberry vines, though. Said if I found a boat in there, I could keep it. Fairly safe as we've lived here 31 years and there were no vines on the property when we moved in.)
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Nice fins Carl. I like it. Looks like a fun project.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

the motor

the motor is a 40 hp with electric start.has an automotive electric fuel pump in line. it even has the elgin plate with ignition switch and even has the key!Dont know what hope there is for the old motor, but it turns free and has compression.The day before I got the boat I picked up a 50 hp merc for $125. I will probably just pull the elgin and put on the merc.Might try to fire up the elgin first just for grins.

Comment

Working...
          X