teleflex gauges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teleflex gauges

Hey all, I picked up some used Teleflex gauges, but I'm not sure about the wires and how to hook them up. I checked the Teleflex site and sent an email to them with no responce yet. There is gauge numbers on the backs of them (and date of mfg I think, 2002&2003). They have a single plug on the back with no access to the light (must be an LED). This is what there is:

TACH #100602 362/02
    Wires: Black, Purple, Blue.

SPEEDOMETER #100590 100/03
    Wires: Black, Blue

FUEL #100583 353/02
    Wires: Black, Purple, Blue, Pink.

VOLTS #100610 104/03
    Wires: Black, Purple, Blue, Brown w/White.

OIL PRESSURE #100586 273/02
    Wires: Black, Purple, Blue, Light Blue .

WATER TEMP #100611 104/03
    Wires: Black, Purple, Blue, Tan.

NEW NOTE: All these gauges have a 6-pin "DEUTSCH" connector on the back, and can be changed between gauges. I've changed the volt and oil press gages plugs because I found that light blue is for the oil sender and that brown is for the alt. signal.
    Anybody have any info on them? Let me know.
    Attached Files

Sold a bunch of gauge sets while tending a 2nd hand store.The Tach at 0-7 K looked like for an Outboard but the Oil Pressure gauge means it `s probably for an Inboard Gas Motor.
    Look for a Setting dipswitch so the Tach can work on your motor but make sure it doesn`t say "Inboard w/Alt only" (forgot what you have.....").
    The Blue and black wires should get you a light if hooked to the 12 v Key On ( Purple ) so it`s always on or go to the light switch and have it come on with the boats power source,usually the better way to go.
    Pink will be the fuel sender stud ,blk to the tab or screw of sender frame.
    Not sure on the Volt Blues....
    The Temp Tan should be from sender.
    Usually the senders need to match the brand but seem to always work out.

The lights usually get stolen after removal or quit already so the dealers pull and replace these in sets when one fails or an upgrade is done.Test all you can before installing,even on a scrap pc of wood you can pre-rig to.
    Shooting from the hip here so do double check.
    West Marine once had some good wire diagrams....
    TM
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Comment

Gauge info.

Darmandude --

Gauge wiring is pretty similar in most boats. Assuming the boat is wired correctly, the following colors will be :
      black = ground
      blue = light pos. +
      purple = Ign. pos. +
      pink = Fuel sending unit (center wire on fuel sender. Please be careful with this wire, it must never be attached to a positive lead, ever. Gas can Go Boom !!)
      tan = sending unit, usually temp
      brown/white = sending unit, in your case oil psi
      light blue = most volt meters only have black-, purple+,blue light+. however your volt meter may take a reading from some point on the engine itself.
      You seem to be missing the signal wire on your tach. there should be a gray colored signal wire, Many times this comes from the alternator or else from the harness it self. This applies to most boats, however some companies such as Honda have there own colors and these usually come with a specific set of gauges made for them.
      Good luck - Matt J.

Comment

Working...
      X