Spy photos from Mill Creek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spy photos from Mill Creek

These photos were taken over a period of time at an undisclosed location, at great personal risk.
    Attached Files

Tim, it seems like through the years there has been allot of very nice dark blue watercraft that turn up in that neighborhood. It's good we have someone who is willing to take the risk to keep us posted on this activity!
    Thanks for the report, and lets be careful out there. - Ross
    Ross Henson

Comment

Notice the dark blue hull pic makes the boat look faster and more James Bondish! Heard a rumor there is a 115 HP Merc pushing it.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

When i purchased the Skagit from Bruce Drake , I was going to paint the light blue cabin roof,deck & stripe below the rubrail with the darker blue and the rest would stay off white. Well things changed ....LOL !. I painted the dark blue over the light blue on the roof and it show every imperfection for the last 52 years ! I have forgotten about that fact after doing the Dorsett Farallon. Then i went with the Interlux off white which look a lot better. I had this paint along with the off white and Pettit platinum as i was going to use it on the Skagit 17 before i decided to switch direction and purchase Bruce Drakes 20' Skagit. After the off white i went with the dark blue on the sides that wrap around the cabin windows and off white on the deck. I had planned to paint the stripe below the rubrail blue and the re-paint the hull off white. Get the idea ? Just reverse the order of colors from the rubrail up. After i pulled it out of the shelter and asked Sheila what she thought she said , why don't you just paint the hull dark blue like the Farallon and paint the stripe below the rubrail platinum ( instead of blue ) like i had done on one of my other boats. So, i proceeded to put three coats on the hull. Maybe in a couple years i will switch the blue hull back to off-white and the platinum stripe back to blue again and leave everything the same from the rubrail up.You are right , it does make the boat look longer with the dark blue and platinum stripe. Except for a few other items like getting some name plates made up, it more or less will stay the way it looks now. Chuck
          Attached Files
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

What?
            Greg James

Comment

Greg:
              Echo/Felix just really misses the Farallon, so he's recreating it in miniture...
              Ditto
              "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
              X