The Good Old Days Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Old Days Pictures

Hey Everyone!Megaphone1 Here's an idea.opcorn1:Get out the old photo albums, the real ones with actual pictures in them. .Pick out a few treasures. Fire up the scanner and post them on here. Let's share some memories of the good old days and good (or not so good) old boats. Please feel free to join in!
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Here is a couple from my past. 1989 Wenberg State Park, 10ft 3pt + "57 Buster and 16' Sidewinder + 150 merc.Screwy1 1976 Orrion 17' + 305 OMC @ the Gorge (river went down overnight!):shocked3:
    Attached Files
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Crewcuts and Slough Runners

Good Idea Gordon,
      Courtesy of Stan Davis from Kenmore, the image taken from(near it actually) the overpass showing the upriver "runners" as they enter the shallows.
      The Crewcut and T-shirts seem to be the garb of the day.
      Another image (taken with real film BTW,no digital in early 90`s....:TakePicture1 is of the SAFE Prototype Hull from back in 1991-2 which means my only brand-new Hull I ever bought is now almost 20 years old.
      The city skyline looks just a little different today ,never would thought they`d tear down the Kingdome after just 2 decades......All it needed was ventilation, some windows,a paint job and a couple dozen more Bathrooms.
      Our boats may outlast some buildings and yet will still be worthy of a rebuild.And some pictures.....
      TimM
      Attached Files
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

slippery slope...

Love the pictures Gordon, your sanity has been in question way longer than I thought! I'm sure that the back story to the high and dry shot, would be very.......educational?

My contribution is my first boat resto project, helping my sisters boyfriend rebuild a 1955 Hollywood runabout. While I had been building street hydro replicas for years, my interest in boats was kick started by this beauty. The next year I built a 12' laser type sailboat from Popular Science plans, in shop class- fiberglassing the hull on my Mom's picnic table; catapulting me into business making custom car parts, tooling and general havoc...

The Professor
        Attached Files

Comment

Mr. Cool Stud ! ...LOL

Water skiing with my sister and brother in law with my Dorsett way back in 1962. I was between girls friends at the time. Met Sheila that winter and the rest is history. I sure look about the same...right ? Chuck
          Attached Files
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Like the old photo idea!

Like the old photo idea. Will take me a few days to scan some old pics and transfer them to this computer to post here. My dad is in the hospital. He is 97. He had a wonderful career as photographer, motion picture producer/director for Boeing. He was also an avid boater. Hence my love of boats and photography. Here is one of dad and his crew from about 1960.
            I'll post a bunch of family boat pics here shortly.

Good Idea!

McSkagit
            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
            X