MY boat hoist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY boat hoist

I have had this idea running around my head for a while. So got togather with my buddy and this is what we came up with. The frame is 2" pipe 2 wenchs and some pullys and used streering cable. Its portable and will fit any size boat. This one is welded but can be made with just pipe fiting.
    Heres some pix.
    Mike aka pathfinderz1
    PS
    You might want to use straps under a good boat
    Attached Files
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Now that looks pretty slick :cool1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

If I would of had a pipe threder I would have threded it all then it would have been completly portable. I have the room and it works so thats all the counts for now. The hardist part was trying to drill the holes straight to mount the winchs.
      thanks
      Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

Cool. I like the back yard.

I'll keep a look out for some cheap winches and maybe build one of those.
        '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

I find the winchs on old camper jacks and stuff like that. They don't need to be fancy just so they work. The pipe I used was out of a water well. So far it didn't cost me anything but the time to make it. Welded it with my little wire welder.
          Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, post: 13800
            Cool. I like the back yard.

I'll keep a look out for some cheap winches and maybe build one of those.
            I quit looking for cheap winches when I got married

Comment

I just don't think that kind of winch would do for this appalcation.
              Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

Working...
              X