Tollycraft 24'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tollycraft 24'

Looking for opinions on the Tollycraft 24. I have the Skagit 24 that needs everything. Im thinking about buying something that is close to done. Fiberforms, Rienells, Tollys and several others from the 60s , 70s, are my style. I have been drawn toward the 24' Tolly. There are 2 on Craigslist. $4000 to $5000. Anything I should look for or be concerned about on these boats. John

John. I bought a '71 Tolly 24 with trailer from a guy in Spokane this spring for $2700. It was a fresh water boat so being raw water cooled wasn't much of a problem. I think the main thing to be concerned about is the Omc stringer outdrive. It's a weird, tender kind of animal. And it's not easy to retro fit as the transom is too thin to support a modern outdrive without a major reinforcing job. That being said' I really like the boat and think it would be worth the effort. The thing is built like a tank. Oh ya, it's really slow' but I think it's a prop problem. I have it at Foss marina for another month so shoot me a message if you want to take a look and drive.
    1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Fiberform 22 available

There is an orphan 22 Fiberform at my shop that needs a home. Needs a floor in the cockpit. Otherwise complete. V-8 OMC. I'd like the trailer, but the boat is free. Probably has title. Think it's a 22 but not sure. I'll check this evening..and get more details and a photo if interested.

Tim
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
      X