• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock It 2 Me !

More to come.
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

You sure have gotten some mileage out of that sock Chuck. How's that secret "Bainbridge" project coming along?

Comment

Hey Slo-Mo,My blue sock has been use on 9 boats counting this Skagit. I hate trying to undo the burgee's from the mast before going down the freeways after being out on the water ,so i had a sock made up back in 1995. At this time i use it on the G-3 and now the Skagit. Yes, I know my freaking camera sucks , but in time i will get another cheap one. The pictures are the newly painted cabin hatch ( GregJ don't get any idea's ) with the color keyed blue stripe. The BIG thing in front of the Skagit is Echo's ( ChuckB ) mother of a boat that will be here for about a month. WoW ! Sure takes up all of the daylight, but does keep the wind out. We had to jackup the shelter ( first 10 feet ) to get the windshield under the top. Should have the Skagit done by this Sat ....i hope ...and then start installing the CG equipment......Now back out in the cold. More later,Chuck
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good chuck. I wish I was that far along with my boat. Thanks to Tm McCain giving the use of his shop I have been able to get a lot of work done. I have just started to prime so I have a lot more to do. I figure I am way ahead of schedule since I originally did'nt plan on starting this project until this May or when the weather gets better. I should be able to start painting by the end of next week.
        Greg James

Comment

Greg, Can't wait to see your new look ! Yea, It's been about 9 weeks since i started this project which is not to bad. This afternoon i finished up with the carpeting and just need to install the hatch hardware and put the seats back in. Then it's time to touch up a few items and install the CG equipment. That will be another few days to tinker around with it. I think i might wait till next spring to paint the bottom OR if the weather stays halfway good just might do it sooner. Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

Chuck, I like the colors a lot, but how come your boat is all like, fuzzy? Do you need to sand some more?

Comment

Tim, Sand some more ! No way ! I think i might need a freaking new camera. Have to wait tell i need another computer so i can get a free one once again. This has been about 5-6 years ago on this baby. Chuck

Comment

Geez Chuck, run down the hill to Rite-Aid and spring 10 bucks for fancy new one. I can loan you 10.
                Steve Kiesel
                1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
                X