Forum reorganization complete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum reorganization complete

Hopefully, this is a little easier on the eyes and will make navigating the forums a little easier.

Any questions? Comments?

Tim, Tell us what has change ? Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Well ...

Chuck,

The goal was to eliminate some under-used sub-forums, clean up the forum main page so it was easier to read, required less scrolling and generally "prune the bush" without changing things so much that folks got lost.

Your question tells me it either worked beautifully or not at all, I'm not sure which!

Some specific changes included reducing the number of forum catagories to three, eliminating the display of the Engine sub-forums on the main page, (they now show after you click the "Engine Discussion" category heading) etc.

These changes, along with eliminating one of the large ad spaces, result in being able to view almost the entire forum layout on the screen at one time, instead of having to scroll up and down to see everything.

Tim

Comment

Tim, Sorry i asked as i just did not see any change to speak of that's all. I don't go to all of the forums. I just click " New Posts " most of the time. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 14399
          Tim, Sorry i asked as i just did not see any change to speak of that's all. I don't go to all of the forums. I just click " New Posts " most of the time. Chuck
          No need to apologize! There are several different ways to view the forums and if folks don't let us know what they're doing we don't know how best to accomodate them.

The way you view the forums (which is great, because you don't miss any posts) you wouldn't really notice the changes. I use the "new posts" button myself, but a lot of guys display the main page and look for new posts there and these changes were really targeted at making that approach easier.

Tim

Comment

For a computer illiterate like me this deffinatly helps. Thanks Tim.
            Greg James

Comment

cleaned up...

Easy to navigate, thanks guys.:email1:

A guy

Who drives

A boat wide open

Is not thinkin'

He's just hopin'

Burma-Shave
              Attached Files

Comment