Why should you pay membership dues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should you pay membership dues?

I'd like to encourage all NWCBC members to renew their membership, and invite those of you who have been enjoying the forums to join the club.

If you've been thinking about attending events this year, now's the time to send in your membership app and dues and join in the fun. We have some great events planned this year and would love to have you join us. Our members will tell you that the $35 spent on dues is a great investment, especially for those of us who have needed other member's help during an event. Trust me, if your engine dies at the north end of Lake Sammamish, you launched at the south end, it's cold, the sky is getting darker and the wind from the south is picking up, 35 bucks for the support of folks who throw you a tow rope without being asked seems like a darn good deal. Thanks again Steve.

Since the club was founded, there has been talk from time to time about “what do I get for my membership dues?” Different opinions have been expressed regarding what members should receive for their dues, but the bottom line is that the real benefit is the comradarie, support and friendship of the other members, whether experienced in person or here on the forum. I could never put a price on the experiences I've had and the friends I've made, but if anyone was ever able to it would be a heck of a lot more than 35 bucks.

Another benefit is the advice and guidance for your restoration / repair projects that you'll find on the forum and at our events. Our members are known for their willingness to share their expertise and experience with those who could benefit from it. It wouldn't be hard to find examples on our forum of our members offering advice that easily saved the recipient more than the $35 they would spend on membership dues. Our members generosity is also demonstrated by the fact that I've seen members spend more time assisting someone else at an event than they did enjoying their own boat.

If you're a new member and use Paypal to pay your dues, please send us an email using the “contact us” link at the bottom of the forum page, and copy & paste the Paypal email into the message. As soon as we receive your message we'll change your status on the forum from “web member” to “NWCBC member”. If you pay your dues by check, send us an email and let us know you sent it in and we'll change your status right away. Since your check and membership form are processed by volunteers whose lives are as busy as yours, it can sometimes take a little while for the list of paid members to make it from our Treasurer to our Membership Secretary to the Webmaster.

We have some great events planned for this year, we hope you'll join us and we look forward to seeing you at an event!

Tim

Your welcome Tim. Glad we were able to help out. Plus it gave Ross and I more time for boat chat. I'm just glad that those nasty dark clouds back at the ramp didn't unload on us.

Hey Tim, I can't get the smilies to work.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

where the action is...

It is awesome that so many classic boat lovers have made this forum a regular stop while cruising the interweb. opcorn1:

While there are a lot of great things happening on the open board, Paid Member's have access to great inside information, first dibs on the best local deals in cool vintage boat goodies, and discussions that can only occur amongst buddies in a private "club house" forum. A mere $35 yearly membership will not only satisfy your old boat surfing hunger, but once the sun comes out, will give you the opportunity to show off your pride and joy at any one of the many on-water gatherings.

:boater1:

over...

Comment

Mr Slo-Mo, If it were not for the club ,i would not have had the chance to meet new boating friends,talking boats,blowing $$$ and at the sametime having fun at restoring them....i think. For the last 8 years it has been the only time i take them out. So that $35.00 is worth it. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Ask not,...

Ask not what your boat club can do for you,... but ask anything you want to know about classic boats.

It's my home page and worth every cent for the help I've gotten. The kids and I are really stoked about the Willamette cruise comming up.

Not to mention it's comforting to know that I'm not alone in my appalling lack of sound judgment for messing around fixing up leaky old boats.

'59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, post: 15872
            Ask not what your boat club can do for you,... but ask anything you want to know about classic boats.

It's my home page and worth every cent for the help I've gotten. The kids and I are really stoked about the Willamette cruise comming up.

Not to mention it's comforting to know that I'm not alone in my appalling lack of sound judgment for messing around fixing up leaky old boats.

Brian, I agree! The way I look at it, with all the money we're throwing into the hole in the water labelled "boat", what's another 35 bucks?

VeryBigSmile

Comment

B.o.a.t.

Actually a stands for "Bring Out Another Thousand"

Comment

Working...
              X