The Sickness Is Over...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sickness Is Over...

Well "THIS" 1957 17' Skagit Express, i swear it kept saying to me in the ad ," take me home" ..."take me home" ....PLEASE ! Maybe i should name it "Take Me Home" This is Skagit #10 of the one's i have had. I rebuilt 4 or 5 of them along with some others. I always seem to come back to the Skagit line of boats even after the Dorsett Farallon and others. Don't know why. This is only intended to take care of that blasted itch i get towards the end of a project after i decide to swear off of anymore boats at the begining of a project. This will be a "unofficial" little project over the next 2 years OR so just to keep the mind sharp as far as thinking of combination's of idea's a person could come up for another project. Now that i'am finished working on the Skagit 20 ( Bainbridge ) and also having the G-3 ( California Girl ) i will take them out and enjoy. I just cannot sit back and stare out the window doing nothing. ( Sheila even told me to go get one as she knows i love boats.) Being i just sold ( that's another story ) the other Skagit 17 to a cool guy within this club it did get me thinking about all of this. I will just store this one behind the Skagit 20 in the shelter and maybe someday i might do something with it. Do you think i'am trying to fool myself ?..Huh? Anyhow that's my game plan. Oh yea, look at that cool trailer. Never had one like that ! TO BE CONTINUED....someday .....maybe. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Meetings to be resumed for the NO MORE(NEED MORE!) BOATS Society at the Carey Residence immediately, Sheila Carey pesiding...:boater1:
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Chuck, you're brilliant! How did you do it?

How did you get Sheila to tell you to get another project? Did you volunteer to go to the grocery store with her every time? Help her with everything she does around the house? Suggest that you guys start a new hobby together?

You're my hero!

Comment

Tim, When she said , what are you going to do now, i said maybe i will just sit back and look out the window the rest of my life. I knew that would get to her after all we have been married for 47 years so she knows i would get bored real quick. Oh yea, i do like to go to the grocery store too. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
        X