Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saratogan in Sea Magazine March 2011 issue

Tim
    Nice article on your project. I am slightly confused by the January 1959 Sea Magazine picture since the caption there with you in the picture reads "Crowds at Last Years Southern California Boat Show". I am guessing they got their pictures and captions mixed. I have two copies of the January 1959 issue if you would like one let me know and I will mail it off to you.
    Bruce H. Drake
    1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
    1957 Norseman 19' woodie
    1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
    1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Tim. Way to go on the article. I hope you don't forget all us little people now that you're famous. What a beautiful boat.
    1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Photo caption

Bruce,
      Yes, Kristal mentioned that picture being used in the 1959 issue. I think they got their pictures mixed up. The Skagit 31 in the picture is hull number 1, red and white, which was sold after the San Diego show in 1957.

Tim

Originally posted by BruceDrake, post: 15945
      Tim
      Nice article on your project. I am slightly confused by the January 1959 Sea Magazine picture since the caption there with you in the picture reads "Crowds at Last Years Southern California Boat Show". I am guessing they got their pictures and captions mixed. I have two copies of the January 1959 issue if you would like one let me know and I will mail it off to you.
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Sea Mag article

Thanks Mike,
        All the attention focused on the Saratogan has caught me off guard. It was always this big project that sat in the shop for years. Still pecking away at it.

Got the inverter running yesterday. Would like to get the sink drains plumbed and the domestic water working. Sure wish it would warm up.....

Originally posted by mikekronick, post: 15946
        Tim. Way to go on the article. I hope you don't forget all us little people now that you're famous. What a beautiful boat.
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
        X