May 7th - Opening Day Parade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 7th - Opening Day Parade

Its time to register for the event! So I need to get a rough boat count this weekend.

Registration is due Monday March 14th.

We are also still taking suggestions for costumes and decorations. This year's theme is "Salish Sea Treasures" based around the 2009 US-Canadian directive to officially name the Puget Sound and northern waters the "Salish Sea".

Thanks for your participation!!
    Attached Files
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

There have to be more people planning on attending this event than the grand total of Zero that have replied to Brian's above post. (which I copied from the Events Discussion forum)

Where is everyone?

Megaphone1Hello!!

Comment

Thanks Tim for copying over to the main forum...

I certainly hope there is anybody willing to participate in this hilarious relaxing event.. I haven't missed an opening day parade since I can remember and I am certainly not missing this one, even it turns out to be just Tim Jones and I in our two boats...

You definitely will not regret participating in the parade!!!
      Brian Flaherty

Comment

My son and i will be there. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Opening day

I'll be there....my first! Looking forward to it. I'll come down Friday night....not sure where I'll stay? Maybe Blake Island....

Tim
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Cheryl and I plan on being there!:HandHorn1:
            Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

i`ll have my sub/boat there too.Screwy1:Skipper1:
              TM
              unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
              15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
              SeaRay 175BR
              Hi-Laker lapline
              14` Trailorboat

Comment

Brian, I intend to make it but I might not have enough done on my boat by then so at this time I'll have to say maybe I'll make it. I hope so, this event has been one of my favorits.
                Greg James

Comment

Since I probably, maybe, alledgedly and have been informed unofficially that i won't have to be working that particular Saturday, and if the whale has been in the water, i could bring up the rear... and Greg, it is a rather large vessel, you could ride along if Genevive is not purtty enuf...
                  chuckB
                  "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Sorry I'm late, didn't see the notice until tonight. I am in as long as I get my new Merc 850 running!

Karl
                    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
                    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
                    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
                    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
                    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
                    14' Stilleto

Comment

Weekends off !

:Skipper1: Sarah & I will be there with the Dorsett ! I hope to float her this weekend and also make the Snohomish run with Lowell on the 27th, Falls Flyers been on hold but the finishing touches are going on the Dorsett and she will be ready !!
                      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Well I am really glad I decided to register us even without knowing how many would come. We are all signed up for the "Spirited" class.

"Spirit

Any fleet (fleet = four or more boats), which exhibits crowd-pleasing spirit AND enthusiasm in attire, decorations and actions. Each fleet will be considered one entry. Only one entry will be accepted from any yacht club, boating organization or group of individuals. Each entry will be judged on the following categories: crew and guest actions, attire, fleet spirit, fleet seamanship and fleet overall look. The use of advertising is NOT permitted. Proper etiquette and attire will be strictly enforced."

So we will be competing against the likes of the Antique Classic Boat Society, and the Lake Washington Classic Speed groups.

I would like to invite all members to bring any boat they have, just cause it is a parade doesn't mean you have to bring a completely restored work of art, like the Saratogan (so excited to finally see that boat in person). That is one of the great things about our club, we want to showcase all classic boats, from the beautiful masterpiece to the floating "work in progress". If it runs [RELIABLY] and floats [even with a little help from a pump or two] we want to see it in the parade!! I only add the "reliably" part about running because my first three years with this club I was the boat that stalled, backfired and wouldn't restart and once even ran out of gas right in front of the judges (by the way we scored points that year because I was able to switch fuel lines and restart the old merc 1000 before being passed by the 2nd vessel, even with 4 people in my little boat, judges loved it)
                        Brian Flaherty

Comment

I've towed......and I've been towed! Had fun each and every time! Well maybe not the time I brought 3 boats and had only one barely running enuff to tow the other two back to the ramp. Didn't make the official parade that year. We had our own little 3 boat parade!!It's all about gettin out on the water folks!:boater1:
                          Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Opening day

I hope to be their with the sabercraft. cant wait jb
                            Jim Brooks

Comment

despite getting rained out for the last two years I'll try again. see on May 7th.

Richard Amberson

Comment

Working...
                              X