Itchy !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchy !

This is my " if i get the itch 1957 Express Skagit ( maybe i should name her "Itchy ) is what i will use for any itching problem as far as starting another project for a while. I finally figure this thing out about whatever the boat i'am working on at the time will be the last boat. When i start a boating project i see all of the work that's lay's ahead like 10K step's you go thru that's when i start thinking this will be the last boat. But things change when i 'am just about to the end, i start thinking what am i going to do now ? Sit and look out the window the rest of my life ? ? ? Being the weather was so bad when i got home,i just stuck it in the shelter in front of the Skagit ( Bainbridge ) for the time being.Sheila did say , well what are your plans for this one. Told her i don't know yet. She said ...yea right ! lol ! Why is it our wife's think they know us better than that. You talk about lucking out on the way home, It was a good thing i was not trying to get to a "Park & Hide" lot once i got off the ferry from Kingston in Edmonds as Sheila came driving down the road ( i thought "OMG" then i remember she knew what i was doing Sat ) from home which is about 20 min away on her way to work in Edmonds ! After she went by the phone ring and a voice said "so that's it ? I LIKE IT ! Huh? ! You just saw it go by you ( Dear ) at 30 mph how do you know you like it? She must be mellowing out in her old age ! This is my 5th 17' Skagit Express ( rebuilt four of them ) 10th Skagit over all and among 9 other boats as well. I have about a zillion idea's that will keep my mind active and besides i refuse to quit working in my real job. If i start getting the "itch' again , i will just start ( like tearing the floor out ) doing some minor items. In the meantime i will have fun with the G-3 ( California Girl ) and the Skagit ( Bainbridge ) . Will not start to do anything major for maybe a year or so and that should take care of the itch....till again...i think. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Nice find. One can never get too many Skagit 17 Express Cruisers!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Role Model

Way to go Chuck! I have tried to observe and use some of the strategies you use in your quest for NMB. (need more boats). I'm having a problem finishing one before I want to move to another, but you are a shining example for us to follow... Keep up the good work! - Ross
      Ross Henson

Comment

Just one strategy ...

Originally posted by Yardman, post: 16239
        Way to go Chuck! I have tried to observe and use some of the strategies you use in your quest for NMB. (need more boats). I'm having a problem finishing one before I want to move to another, but you are a shining example for us to follow... Keep up the good work! - Ross
        I believe Chuck utilizes just one strategy, the time-tested and effective GET strategy. There are six key elements in the GET strategy:

1) GET boat
        2) GET busy rebuilding new boat
        3) GET finished with boat
        4) GET another boat
        5) GET rid of boat you just finished
        6) Repeat steps 2-5

Successful implementation of this strategy offers the following benefits:

1) Delayed hair loss (I wish I had known this earlier)
        2) Increased muscle tone (from sanding, painting, wax on wax off)
        3) Improved relationships (with the paint supplier, the glass shop, etc.)
        4) Increased mental acuity (resulting from the scheming involved in hiding boats from your spouse, justifying boats to your spouse, etc.)

Yeah Chuck, I know what you're thinking ...GET lost, right? :BigWink1:

Comment

For the time i think i will just call her "Itchy" My plan is put her in the back of the shelter and just let her dry out and tear the floor out and rubrail off and a few other things this summer when i'am bored.

Jerry, Yea like you, i still like the 17' Skagit , but i really like the 20' Skagit as well.

Ross, just try my new anti-itchy plan as far as more boats go. Get a boat and let it sit until you get the itch and then do a little work till the itch goes away....see simple plan ?

Hey Tim, About your strategy list,item (4) get another boat and (5) get rid of boat you just finished, see with this plan that's not going to happen anymore being i have the Skagit 20 and G-3. So with Itchy she (my plan of the future ) is my stop gap on getting anymore boats. That's what is nice about my 3-4 year plan.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 16242
            For the time i think i will just call her "Itchy" My plan is put her in the back of the shelter and just let her dry out and tear the floor out and rubrail off and a few other things this summer when i'am bored.

Jerry, Yea like you, i still like the 17' Skagit , but i ready like the 20' Skagit as well.

Ross, just try my new anti-itchy plan as far as more boats go. Get a boat and let it sit untill you get the itch and then do a little work till the itch goes away....see simple plan ?

Hey Tim, About your strategy list,item (4) get another boat and (5) get rid of boat you just finished,see with this plan that's not going to happen anymore being i have the Skagit 20 and G-3. So with Itchy she (my plan of the future ) is my stop gap on getting anymore boats. That's what is nice about my 3-4 year plan.
            I myself think this is just too simple.
            Chuck is Hooked on boats.
            Marty is one of Chucks boat pimps. :BigWink1:
            (Comment boss VeryBigSmile)
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, From Marty i have had 9 boats. From the Dorsett Farallon, Skagit's ,Grandy, Davis Craft,and maybe a few more i might have missed, but this is the end of the line! Itchy will be my therapy boat. Here's the two i will keep...really. Chuck
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 16242

Jerry, Yea like you, i still like the 17' Skagit , but i really like the 20' Skagit as well.

Ross, just try my new anti-itchy plan as far as more boats go. Get a boat and let it sit until you get the itch and then do a little work till the itch goes away....see simple plan ?

Hey Tim, About your strategy list,item (4) get another boat and (5) get rid of boat you just finished, see with this plan that's not going to happen anymore being i have the Skagit 20 and G-3. So with Itchy she (my plan of the future ) is my stop gap on getting anymore boats. That's what is nice about my 3-4 year plan.
                I'm far too lazy to go back and dig out the "this is my last boat" posts. Ya ain't foolin' nobody, my friend! VeryBigSmile

I believe that about as much as I'd believe Marty saying he wasn't bringing any more boats home, or Gordon saying he had enough Mercs, or Thom switching to OMC products, or Slo-Mo making an event, or ...

Comment

but this is the end of the line! Itchy will be my therapy boat. Here's the three i will keep...really. Chuck[/QUOTE]

Haaaaaa Haaaaaa and a Haaaaaa. You aren't hurtin anyone with your projects. I agree it keeps your noodle active and muscles workin. There will always be room for (just one more) Hey - it beats smokin cigs!!
                  John & Diane Kelly

Comment

feed the itch....

it is a wide wide world for new itches Chuck. Besides its St Patrick's and the may both be green.

http://skagit.craigslist.org/boa/2270401926.html

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/2267804573.html
                    Bruce H. Drake
                    1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
                    1957 Norseman 19' woodie
                    1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
                    1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

John, You are right about it beats smokin cigs!!. Got rid of those 4 years ago (Feb 13,2007) after going cold turkey. Smoke for 52 years with a pack a day. Sheila was very happy to see me quit and threw 8 packs in the garbage can after going to the doctor that day. Never looked back.

Bruce, Hey those boats look like a nice project for someone , but I think i have found the right program. Maybe call it "Itch-R-Us one step program. Now with the 17' Skagit as my itchy program ,i will just go out and enjoy the 20 Skagit. I think that is a perfect for all worlds of boating.

Chuck

Comment

!7' Skagit windows

Chuck, Possibly can scratch that itch. Did you find out if you can buy aluminum looking rubber for those windows? After May 7th Ill know if I have that other set. And Im considering letting go the set I have. Sam price Greg got the other ones for. John

Comment

Hey John, Please let me know when you can ! I could someday use them on "Itchy " I did check on the aluminum looking rubber and they told me no such thing, but thanks for the idea. The cabin windows black rubber at least matches the black rubrail and if you get right down to it , it also matches the bottom of the boat. Oh wait ! i still do have 4 black mooring lines with the black socks that were from the Farallon. Plus also got the Port-a-Potty mounted down and the storage chest for misc items. As you know that is one benefit having so many boat from the past is you have so much crap left over. In one of the pictures see the Oar ? i have been trying to mount that since 1998 in quite a few of the boats, but finally it will fit in this boat so i can use it for pushing off from shore ....IF i ever take it up on the beach that is ! i don't know about that. See the picture of "Itchy" super nice trailer ? I was thinking of chroming those cool wheels. That would make that trailer stand out a little bit. Chuck
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did a lot of odds and ends on the 20 Skagit today and switch the boats around and put the 17' Skagit in the back of the shelter on styrofoam blocks. Will paint the bottom on the Skagit Bainbridge tomorrow maybe if i can get away with it. Everything else is done and she is ready to go ! Told Sheila at dinner tonight, i'am now ready to start ( cleaning her out and pumping the rain water out as well ) my 3-4 year project on Itchy my " therapy boat ". Guess what ....She just sat there and laugh at me. Told her after 47 years she thinks she knows me.....Hum..... Chuck
                            Attached Files

Comment

Its a drug Chuck......We are all hooked on boat drugs......

All we can do is our best.

Not spending money in bars or race tracks so they should be happy your able to be found.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen
                              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                              X