How does she sound ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does she sound ?

Been working on this 59 Elgin 40hp for about 2 weeks trying to get her to run right. Went though the carb twice and rebult the fuel pump and took it out twice on test runs. The second time out got it right. Now she runs great can get it up to 27.5 mph GPS. Now you got to remember i'm in Nevada at 4500 feet alatude so the air is a little thin.
    Anyway here are 2 vidios of it running on my 1957 EnduraCraft. Boy did I have fun with it running like a top.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddbeLKRW8kY"]YouTube - P3290012[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2QfL_MCeg&feature=related"]YouTube - P3310014[/ame]
    Mike aka pathfinderz1
    PS
    Hey Chuck that kicker is the 1940 1 1/2hp I got from you as it runs great. Save me 4 time last summer
    Attached Files
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Where are the trees? :Raining:
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Comment

Hey this is Nevada its desart There ara trees but not that part of the lake. Here is some more of the lake in what is called the nerrows. The lake is 14 mile long with 3 big bay about 5 miles across.
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkNRdAb1Kl8&feature=related"]YouTube - a run down the nerrows[/ame]

Finly getting some water in this lake the south end was dry sense last Aug. Looks like it will fill up all the way this year and will be able to boat all years.
      Mike aka pathfinderz1:Bigdriving1:

Comment

Hey Mike, Nice hearing from you. Why don't you show the guys ( photo's ) here what you have been doing this winter as far as a little work over at the hospital. Mike don't push it to hard. Yea i saw that cool little motor.It sure is nice to see it working after sitting quite a few years ? Best,Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hey Chuck tried to email you at this address charlescarey@verizon.net but the mail come back. Email me pathfinderz1m@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, It now charles.carey@comcast.net
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Sense I'm not a paying memember I can't send a privet message on here so had to figure out a way to get ahold of you.
              Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

It looks pretty chilly. What were the air and water temps? Either way, it sure beats the weather up here.

I was never one to understand why all the old folks migrated down your way for the winter. Now that I'm over fifty, I'm catching a clue!

Karl
                17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
                18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
                19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
                25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
                14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
                14' Stilleto

Comment

When we started out at 10 am it was 40 but it warmed up to about 70 by 2 but the water was cold and the air right down on the water was cool as you can see from the way the wife and the dog were bundeled up. I was playing he man the dog had my shirt so all i had was a t shirt.
                  2 days before I took it out for the first test run and it was cloudy and started out about 35 and warmed all the way up to 40. But that time it was just me and 2 buddys between the 3 of us we had 600lbs in the boat my buddy Ron waighs 325 and 6'4 even with that load it got up to 27mph.
                  I sure am having fun with this motor but found out one thing don't turn sharp at speed the ass end want to come around front fast.
                  Mike aka pathfinderz1:Cold1:

Comment

Working...
                  X