Any one for a boat ride???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one for a boat ride???

I'm launching the Whale at Sand Point around 10:00 or 11:00 AM today. Any one want to enjoy a couple of hours on the lake doing a shake down? Take pic's, enjoy the sun, or??? no cash or labor required. Just call 206-353-5031
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Ya'all must be spit shining your rides for the 7th. Nary a classic in sight, but oh what a beautiful day on the water, but alas, no co-conspiritor to take photo's. But the whale is a pretty nice vessel. Traveled about 40 miles on 12 gallons of gas, not as good as the Honda but not bad for a 24'whale. And the thing rides like a dream and is FAST, i got her up to 40 without the old Ford complaining a bit. Doug, what were you thinking??? Is that why the Skagit 20 is on the block? Any way, it was a good day to be out on the lake for a shakedown, only thing that didn't work were the trim tabs, but didn't need them at all.
    Even the 9.9 Honda moves the thing at about 8mph, not a plane , but a get home speed...
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Glad you had a good day. Sorry I couldn't join you.
      Greg James

Comment

We could have ...

... but we didn't see your message in time. Brendan and I were on Lake Stevens, which proved to be a little small for the Sabrecraft's new power.

If I had seen your post in time we would have headed south to join you!

Tim

Comment

Chuck, Glad to see you made it out on the waters. Does this mean you will be in the opening day parade ? 40 mph? wow ! i don't know if my Skagit will go that fast with the Merc 115hp.I don't think so ? Lets be nice when saying the "Skagit " name. lol Ok fella ? Sorry i could not get past the driveway with Sheila weeding the flower beds and me standing around watching her with maybe me at the end of the flu .....i hope. I had to get outside anyway i could. ChuckC
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckB, post: 17045
            Ya'all must be spit shining your rides for the 7th. Nary a classic in sight, but oh what a beautiful day on the water, but alas, no co-conspiritor to take photo's. But the whale is a pretty nice vessel. Traveled about 40 miles on 12 gallons of gas, not as good as the Honda but not bad for a 24'whale. And the thing rides like a dream and is FAST, i got her up to 40 without the old Ford complaining a bit. Doug, what were you thinking??? Is that why the Skagit 20 is on the block? Any way, it was a good day to be out on the lake for a shakedown, only thing that didn't work were the trim tabs, but didn't need them at all.
            Even the 9.9 Honda moves the thing at about 8mph, not a plane , but a get home speed...
            ChuckB
            Dude......
            Any pictures at all, even Old one with her floating ??opcorn1:
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Sorry Joe, my Nikon bit it when i was boarded by the Coasties and I haven't replaced it... camera phone isn't any good either. How is that for the son of a photographer...

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckB, post: 17061
                Sorry Joe, my Nikon bit it when i was boarded by the Coasties and I haven't replaced it... camera phone isn't any good either. How is that for the son of a photographer...
                Really........Did you ask them were to send the Bill for he Camera
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Whale on freeway

Saw a boston whaler on freeway. 70 evinrude, nice wood work. Nice ford pulling it. That you? John

Comment

Working...
                  X