Engine work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine work?

Do you guys hire anyone who fixes old Evinrude's? By old I mean early 80's. Most of them get tossed it seems.

My neighbor

Two houses away from me is a part time marine/outboard mechanic. He worked at Kitsap Marine for a number of years, and then went out on his own. He only works on the older engines because all the new units are computerized, and require special equipment for diagnosis. We are on Bainbridge Island, so that might be a barrier. Glad to introduce you if can’t find someone in your neck of the woods.

Brian
    Brian Vickers
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Brian, I have all my tuneups done at Lynnwood Marine (425 778 5336). Dave is the owner and Nick dose most of the mechanical work. I have been taking my 1983 Evenrude 50 horse to them every two years for the last 15 years. They are fast and reliable and Nick is a very good mechanic with a lot of experience. They also do Mercs. but I think they specialize in Evinrudes. I just took my boat up there this mourning for a tune up and water pump replacement. It will be done by tomorrow or Thurs.. Going down to Beacon Rock and up the Columbia this Fri. Sat. and Sun..
      Greg James

Comment

Ballard Marine always treats me right..

Comment

I fix old Evinrudes and my wife hasn't tossed me yet! :BigHappy1:

Where's the fun in bolts that don't snap off once in a while!
          '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 17326
            ...I have all my tuneups done at Lynnwood Marine...They are fast and reliable and Nick is a very good mechanic with a lot of experience.
            Greg- a good guy, as you said, and not too far away from where I live in North Seattle. Nick offered to help me get parts if I can't find a serviceable OMC 70hp powerhead to fit my '83 Evinrude and want to try repairing the zero compression cylinder myself. Surprising.

Comment

Working...
            X