Getting Out Of Classic Boating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Out Of Classic Boating

After many years of creating wonderful boating memories in my classic fiberglass boats I've decided that it's time for me to move on. Probably most of you have no idea who I am, but I was once very active in this club.

I have recently sold my once-in-a-lifetime find, my all original red & gray 1958 20' Skagit. I never would have done that if I weren't sure I was really moving on. But it is on it's way to Indiana as I type this.

I have owned a lot of cool fiberglass boats over the years and am finally down to just two (including all known and unknown park-n-hides), my classic Power Cat 16T and my not so classic Glasply 2410. Ideally I will soon be down to one.

As a result I am going to sell off all my boat stuff I've been accumulating over the years. If you go to the classifieds you'll see my stuff. These are my rock bottom prices for club members. Hopefully some of you will be able to take advantage?

In any case I wish you all well and hope to see you out on Puget Sound.

Doug "Skagitman" Griffith

Not so fast Doug...
    A couple of items; A classic usually isn't made any more, and they usually had an almost cult like following in their original model life and continue it long after they should be rendered obsolete. And in the not too distant future, your 2410 will be old enough for any "Classic" definition. So there, you're stuck! Unless of course you go ahead and buy a new Bayliner...
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckB, post: 17362
      And in the not too distant future, your 2410 will be old enough for any "Classic" definition. So there, you're stuck! Unless of course you go ahead and buy a new Bayliner...
      ChuckB
      Under that definition wouldn't a Bayliner count as a classic? They aren't made anymore, there is a cult like following (mostly cause there are so many of them out there) and pretty much any Bayliner on the water now is operating long after they were obsolete...
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Doug whatever you do have fun and you never know we might see you out there. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 17364
          Under that definition wouldn't a Bayliner count as a classic? They aren't made anymore, there is a cult like following (mostly cause there are so many of them out there) and pretty much any Bayliner on the water now is operating long after they were obsolete...
          Brian Huh? obsolete ? They are still being made. Check out their web site. Chuck

http://www.bayliner.com/_usca/index.php?setregion=1
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
          X