Capitol Drive w/reverse!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitol Drive w/reverse!

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and have a question about the Capitol Drive in my 1962 Defir. I have never had a boat with this kind of drive and just put her in the water for the first time since I bought her last year. So heres the deal. I can push the lever for the trans into what is supposed to be forward, but it does not lock in or stay in gear unless I hold the lever forward. Does anyone know about these gearbox's? I'll try to post a few pictures if it will let me....Any advise would be great,
    Thanks,
    Big Dad
    Attached Files

if it were a car or a tractor, I'd tell you the forward gears were worn out.
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

You might call Stewart`s Marine in Seattle for advice.
      Crusty old Larry Stewart can get salty but does know his gears well.Listen ,take notes and keep on his good side.......
      He may have some "Take-outs" he keeps for spares and may have one useable or tell you what you should do.
      Chuck is probably right in predicting your FWD gear teeth are rounded over and not holding in place.......
      TimM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
      X