Slightly Off Topic. Ski bindings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly Off Topic. Ski bindings.

I need some bindings for a refinished pair of wooden water skis for the grandkids. I've searched online but have found only the really expensive competition types for slalom skis.

Does anyone know of a local source for simple (cheap) bindings. The closer to Tahuya the better!

Thanks.

Ed Waali
    1959 Sande Ace with a conglomeration of Cloud White Mercury 4-cylinder parts.
    http://www.sandeace.com

I would give Wileys a call. They probably have some new/old stuff hanging around.

Contact Information

Wiley's Water Sports
    1417 S. Trenton St.
    Seattle *WA* 98108-4849
    USA*
    Phone: 206-762-1300
    Toll Free Order line: 800-962-0785
    Fax: 206-762-7339
    E-mail:*sales@wileyski.com *
    Hours: Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm (Pacific Time)
    Saturday 10am - 4pm
    Sunday closed
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Comment

Wiley's is absolutely the place. I refurbished my skis from the 60's with all new bindings.

Wiley is a kick, he can talk at length about the old days, knew Wally Burr and has a collection of beautiful old laminated ski's from the 60's hanging from the ceiling.
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Ski Bindings. Question Added.

I found a pair of HO skis on Craigs List for $20. Wiley's sounds interesting but it will have to wait.

I saw O'Brien sells trainer skis with one strap between the skis up front. I've also seen very small trainer skis attached with short ropes in the front and back.

Anybody use anything like this for kids?

Thanks!
        1959 Sande Ace with a conglomeration of Cloud White Mercury 4-cylinder parts.
        http://www.sandeace.com

Comment

Training skis come in several different sizes. You don't want to get ones that are too big for young kids. (the bigger that they are, the more boyant they are and that makes them hard for small kids to keep stable at the start)

I just came accross a new product that Overton's is selling for $50.00 It is the "Rave Aqua buddy Trainer" that is basically a small inflatable seat that is attached to two inflatable pontoons. The begginer skier sits in the chair and as they are pulled to start, they don't have to fight against the water to get up. I haven't seen it in person, but I'm probably going to buy one this this summer.

Karl
          17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
          18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
          19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
          25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
          14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
          14' Stilleto

Comment

Working...
          X