Getting so close to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting so close to...

go out on the Sound finally. Cleared out the crap in my garage and found an old boat so naturally i hooked it up to an old truck and wouldn't you know it fit.

Boy it even has gas in the boat but not sure about the old truck. So a 67 Powerwagon 440ci towing a 59 Bellboy with a 115 Opti. Hmmmmmmm Good thing i still have credit for gas.

Hope to see you folks out on the water.
    [ATTACH]9892.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9893.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9894.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9895.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    John & Diane Kelly

John, She still looking great. Are you going on the Tacoma event ? By the way , "them there" Merc's seems to work nice. Went 86 miles on about 12 gal ? Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 17813
      John, She still looking great. Are you going on the Tacoma event ? By the way , "them there" Merc's seems to work nice. Went 86 miles on about 12 gal ? Chuck
      I have the Opti 2 stroke but it still gets that kind of mileage if i keep the throttle back some. Wide open just about 43 mph (gps). I bet that Bellboy was designed for about 25 max! VeryBigSmile

Hope to see you out there somewhere between Olympia and Laconner and all points in between.
      John & Diane Kelly

Comment

The Skagit holds a total of 40 Gals after i installed my back up 12 gal tank i had in the Farallon. I was going along at 22-24 mph, ( the Skagit 17 i always had it up at around 30mph. ) but on the way back to Everett from Blake Island around 17 mph with the water conditions on the rough side ( did not want to shake the bones up ) till we got up to the Ballard area and turn in along the shoreline where the water condition was better. So far i have only had her up to 27mph and for whatever reason it feels like just a nice ride at that speed. Next time out i will open it up and see what speeds it will do via gps. Bruce Drake if you see this how fast did you ever have the Skagit up to. Chuck

Comment

Offshore

Chuck
          I didn't have a GPS so I don't know how fast the offshore was with the same motor. The smoothest water was on prior year Blake Island trip and it seemed to run very well up toward Agate pass when I took the picture of the Farallon.
          Bruce H. Drake
          1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
          1957 Norseman 19' woodie
          1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
          1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Bruce thanks, I also remember these pictures i believe your wife took of the Farallon and GregJ Skagit at Agate pass. What a difference a year makes. Best,Chuck
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X